The VG Resource

Full Version: Final Fantasy XIII video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decent graphics and horrible character models.

Almost undoubtedly horrid gamplay as well, seeing as that's one of Squeenix's claims to fame these days. Too bad they had to jump that bandwagon oh so many years ago and gear the gameplay towards a younger age group.

Ah well. Gotta stay where the money's at I suppose. I'll probably buy it anyways just in hopes of finding a decent RPG in this generation. If anyone can pull it off, it's probably Squeenix.
The graphics leave a lot to be desired, and I don't know anything about the gameplay itself, but judging from the last few seconds of the video, they're using ATB again?
It looks... okay...

I think the graphics in the FFX rendered cutscenes were better by comparison though, which isn't good since this is on the PS3. x_o;
(04-16-2009, 06:47 PM)Hinako Yoshitora Wrote: [ -> ]It looks... okay...

I think the graphics in the FFX rendered cutscenes were better by comparison though, which isn't good since this is on the PS3. x_o;

I don't see how you could really think that, since the graphics quality of the normal gameplay on that video are aeons beyond the FMV graphics from FFX. I've not seen any cutscene/FMVs from FFXIII yet, so it's hard to say, but I almost bet it makes FFX look like it was made for super nintendo.

But to each their own.. Cute I suppose it boils down to a matter of opinion, but as far as actual quality and smoothness go, FFX doesn't hold a candle to this. Even FFXII doesn't come close. (Which DID have better graphics than FFX, despite having the 2nd ugliest character models I've ever seen upside Oblivion.. Which, ironically, also has some of the most beautiful CG graphics I've ever seen in a game. It seems the two concepts dont go hand in hand.)

Unfortunately for them, I'm one of those who would rather see a good game than good graphics. Which unfortunately for me, isn't their target audience.