The VG Resource

Full Version: Back to spriting WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry to disappoint you if you were expecting something neat.

I'm trying to get back into spriting. I'm a bit rusty so I'll try something easy.

[Image: pacmania.png]

Here's Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde in that order.

I'm having trouble with their faces any advice?
Don't stress the mouth quite as much. It looks odd.
For the faces, I would suggest adding more personality to them.
I always thought of the ghosts this way:
Blinky- Anger/Bossy
Pinky- Beauty/Brains
Inky- Silly or could be Sad. But I like silly better.
Clyde- Dumb/Brainless

[Image: ghostst.png]

I made an example on what I think their faces could look like. You don't have to make it like my doodle, I'm just showing you what I mean by showing more personality.
This is all up to you though.
And like Vidgameguy said, don't stress the mouth too much.
It's all great stuff, you just need to fix those minor things. Welcome back to the spriting world!
Blinky is the leader, Clyde is the muscle, Pinky's the girl, and Inky's the shy one.

Use their movements in the original games for example:

Blinky chases Pac-Man
Pinky attacks from behind
Inky follows Blinky
Clyde does his own thing.
I don't like how the end of their bodies are, it too squarish(I think the word I'm looking for is jagged) and the movements seem to be octopus-like. I'd say make the ends a bit more pointy if you can, since they look like that due to the style you're using, and not make the ends grow too much in movement. I also agree that the mouth's don't have to be that big, and the faces can look different. Otherwise they're really good, and I like the colors.
I agree with Star about the emotions but altogether they're pretty good. Nice to see ya' spriting man. :]