The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3 (GBA) - Enemies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here it is, all enemies (except unused SMW sprites) found in SMA4, including ones only in World-e.

EDIT (5): Added every last maingame enemy in the ROM data, thanks to NLZ-GBA Advance. Lot of palette guessing, though...

[Image: sma4_enemies-4.png]

And an icon (thanks to copypasta from an existing sheet)

[Image: sheet_icon_sma4en.png]

I'll see what else there is to rip...
Wait so some of these enemies were either unused or found in World-e? And what were they thinking, planning on putting the Bumpty Penguin in the game?
Yes, the Bumpties were part of World-e. I remember seeing them in a video of an unreleased level featuring them and a whole lot of other unreleased levels with all those other enemies.

Ah, I found the guy who posted nearly all of those levels:
http://www.youtube.com/user/copyRIGHThunter
Yes, Bumptys (Bumpties?) appear in Level Mushroom-17. I'd never played YI, so my first attempt at stomping one sent me careening into a pit.

In addition to the enemies above, there is tileset data for SMW Koopas, SMW2(?) Flutters, and the SMB3 8-bit Spiny Cheep Cheep, just to name a few. I might have added all of the unused enemies in the data, but I wasn't sure how to animate some, so I left most of them alone. I think the one enemy I put on the sheet that was not in any released e-Card was the SMW Swooper, but it was simple to rip, so whatever.

BTW, if anyone notices that I missed an enemy that does appear in any released e-Level, please let me know,and I'll try to rip it.
Weird. And aren't there green piranha plants?
You know you could refer to the actual enemies from their actual game for the enemy tiles you left out. Just saying it might be easier.
I don't own SMW2, so I can't get Flutter assembled correctly.
Post it and someone else might be able to.
OK, I'll sort through the e-Reader levels' data and pick up all of the SMW and SMW2 sprites, it could take me a while, though.
I'll put Luigi on hold until I'm done.
"Flutter"? Which one's "Flutter"?

And I might be of assistance here... You're not missing any, so far as I can tell.

Okay, here's the MASTER LIST of enemies found in the e-Reader levels:

- Red and Green Koopa Troopas and Koopa Paratroopas
- Bullet Bills
- normal and Red Goombas and Paragoombas
- Kuribo's Shoe Goombas
- Paratroop and Pile-Driver Microgoombas
- Munchers
- Buzzy and Buster Beetles
- Spike Tops / R.S. Buzzies
- Spinies
- Lakitu
- Boo Diddly
- Big Boo
- Chargin' Chuck
- Fire, Hammer, Boomerang, and Sledge Bros.
- Blue Boomerang Bros.
- Chain and Fire Chomps
- Bob-Ombs
- Rocky Wrenches
- Boom-Boom
- Green, Red, and Double-Red Piranha Plants and Venus Fire Traps
- Bony Beetle
- Thwomps and Thwimps
- Firebars
- Lil Sparkies and Hotheads (from SMW)
- Podoboos
- Parabeetles
- Rocket Engines
- Morton Koopa Jr.
- Lemmy Koopa
- Ludwig von Koopa
- Bowser Koopa
- Rip van Fishes
- Lava Lotus
- Red, Green, and Green Spiny Cheep Cheeps
- Jelectros
- Bumpties
- Amazing Flying Hammer Bros.
- Dry Bones
- Fire Snakes
- Spiky Maces (from the level 60 Seconds)
- Goombobs and Parabobs (from SMW)
- Wigglers
- Hoopstars (from SMB2)
- Porcupos (from SMB2)
- Monty Moles
- Spikes (little green creatures that spit out spiky balls in SMB3)
- Jumping Piranha Plants
- Laser Statues
- Guardian and Patrolling Statues (those statues that look like Bowser from SMW)
- Magikoopas
- Giant Goombas, Giant Green and Red Koopa Troopas, Giant Green and Red Koopa Paratroopas, Giant Piranha Plants
- Flurries (from SMB2)
- Bloopers

I'm sorry that's a long checklist... but I made an FAQ/Walkthrough for IGN for the e-Reader levels. This is what I got.
"Goombobs"? Hmm, I just referred to them as SMW Goombas. Anyway, I don't think the Laser Statues are considered enemies, nor the Spiky Maces, fire chains, grey patrolling Bowser statues... pretty much anything faceless, motionless, and/or semi-solid. I only included Jelectros and Munchers because they are enemy-esque in looks.

Other than that, I believe I covered them all, however, I edited the first post with some unused enemies, such as Flutter.

EDIT: Wait a minute, Blue Boomerang Bros.? Aggh, I'll try to hunt them down...
Oh, derp. The boomerangs are blue... Aggh, you made me frantically search through 20 maps before that occurred to me... Thanks. (3

Anyway, I think it's done now, I'm going to begin work on Luigi.
Uh was Mario even ripped properly? Their colors seem kinda off. And I'm talking about this sheet.
http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy_adv.../mario.gif
Well, glad I helped. Nice sheet, BTW, jdaster!

And no, I think Mario needs to be updated.
Great job, probably the best sheet you've produced yet!
I saw that Mario sheet, it's missing some poses (such as climbing) and has no alternate palettes, but the sprites there look the correct colors to me...
As for Luigi, I'm working on him and am done with Small, Super/Fiery, Raccoon, Frog, and Caped. I'll wait till I'm 99.999999999% sure (M&L: PiT reference) that I'm done to post it.
Pages: 1 2