The VG Resource

Full Version: ATTENTION WEEABOO FGTS AND RPG FGTS I NEED YOUR HELP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
luminous arc 2 worth getting y/n

i didnt play the first one either i just feel like playing a tactical rpg for the ds that isn't ffta2
I never played luminous arc but as far as I know the game is just flashy with its art and voice acting and nothing else.
luminous arc is AWFUL

ugly ass designs, lame generic story, shit gameplay and no real interesting feats. if youre gonna play a ds strat rpg try fire emblem or disgaea
ok thanks sean

sean

sean

sean
one of my friends [and kojjiro's], rina-chan, actually does voice acting for the game

support amateur voice-actors pls and buy it

it's an alright game though, not SUPER AMAZING like a DS must-have; it's kinda like a fire emblem with sprites that are too big. It's like...Final Fantasy Tactics, actually. A lot like it. :I

If you're into that kind of niche, it's good. If not...you can pass on it. If you find it in the used bin at Gamestop for a good price it's worth picking up, though.
if you want an SRPG so maddeningly hard (but also good!) you might try Rondo Of Swords. Disgaea DS is just a port, so if you've played the first one its not worth it. also try The World Ends With You and Izuna 2 if you like rpgs
fire emblem <-- you need this game if you want a srpg
If your looking for a tactical rpg then get Disgaea.
(04-13-2009, 11:54 AM)Oranos Wrote: [ -> ]fire emblem <-- you need this game if you want a srpg

(04-13-2009, 12:09 PM)Lunyka Wrote: [ -> ]If your looking for a tactical rpg then get Disgaea.
both of these games are remakes. if you've played the originals, then there's no need to play these.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is actually unbelievably crap. It's very boring like the first Fire Emblem and then throws a bunch of useless features in, like the weapon triangle (which didn't exist in the NES one back then - and makes this game easier) and class promotion at any point in the game. Most of the units in the game do their job quite well as-is; they don't need to be promoted. And get a load of this - in order to get the better units in the game, you have to kill off half your troops. That's right, the game rewards you for SUCKING. If you play Advance Wars, getting these good troops will be unbelievably hard because you'll be attached to half of your troops who have decent stats. Then again, you could just sacrifice Jaegan in the beginning of the game and have a moderately difficult play experience.

The only redeeming factor of FEUnsureD is the online multiplayer. Even still that's so-so. You're better off going with Advance Wars: Days of Ruin...which is actually pretty good, because it's almost as good as the first AW because the roster isn't overbloated.

Disgaea I don't know enough about to make a good criticism. It's got big character sprites and it should keep you interested for many hours, into the double digits definitely. If you don't have a Sony console, go with this, otherwise pick up one of the console Disgaea. Disgaea DS' existence can pretty much be justified as "The Disgaea for those with buyer's remorse" :I

there isn't even any online play >:I

I suggest AW: Days of Ruin over any of these other games. It's got netplay, too...actually, that's because FEUnsureD was built off of the DoR devkit.

And I don't work at Gamestop or anything but let me suggest Drone Tactics - which is a lot more like what you're looking for. It's got the same Fire Emblem gist of non-disposable units, but throws some AW mechanics into the mix. It's also got giant bug mechs, an isometric playgrid, pretty nice unit customization [paintjobs included, so you can have a big pink stag beetle mech with an emblem you draw itself on the hull] and 3D battle scenes. It's also got super-generic characters which actually makes the game better as it gives off this whole Saturday-morning-cartoon vibe. I think it even has Wifi, but it's only for trading items with friends. I forget.

However, I wouldn't pay more than $20 for Drone Tactics; though I really wouldn't mind paying the $30 as it's a limited-print Atlus title.
Also! Front Mission DS. I can't believe nobody has mentioned front mission DS. You can get it for under 15$, it's a steal becaus ethe game is awesome.
(04-13-2009, 01:30 PM)The Question Wrote: [ -> ]Also! Front Mission DS. I can't believe nobody has mentioned front mission DS. You can get it for under 15$, it's a steal becaus ethe game is awesome.

so much this
get front mission it's amazing
Disgaea DS is the only one with online play.
(04-13-2009, 12:42 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]long ass post

ok well i havent played the newest ones but i keep playing 6,7,8 over and over and over
Weeaboo fgt here.

No not really, hm, I'd say Fire Emblem is your best bet.
(04-14-2009, 01:01 AM)Oranos Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2009, 12:42 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]long ass post

ok well i havent played the newest ones but i keep playing 6,7,8 over and over and over

fire emblem is a remake of fire emblem 1
6, 7, and 8, unlike FE11 (Shadow Dragon) were actually good

any fire emblem fanatic will tell you this
over, and over, and over

The Gamecube/Wii ones are actually pretty good as well (10 was probably. probably? one of the best. 11 just strips the game of a lot of its glamour)
Pages: 1 2