The VG Resource

Full Version: Sitting Bear- Shaded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, does it loook better now?
[Image: SittingBear-6.png] Update:[Image: SittingBear-7.png] Update:[Image: SittingBear-8.png]
Yes, now it's perfect. The only flaw i can see is that it's not visible.
*head palm* I'll fix that! Shy
The pictue is visible now. Big Grin
1. No hands
2. The eyes are odd
3. Ears are too sharp (remove the pixels from the corners)
4. Arms are... odd.
5. Legs are too short.
5. Feet need detail.

As for the shading, I see you did it from the exact right of him, but it's not right. For example, look at the left (his right) arm. You put the lightest shade closest to his body, which if that were IRL wouldn't happen. Since the rest of his body is sort of blocking his arm from the light source, that'd be a darker area there.

Also, the single-pixel width shading doesn't work. I'm not really sure how to explain it though.

Good luck!
...it's not even sitting.
Sitting Bear is his [Native] American name. Any way, he looks pretty pillowshaded. This is my opinion but try to remake it bigger bcause like Vipershark said, the single width shading doesn't look good. Also the face paint makes him looks like a brown tiger.
oh, then.......I'll try again Big Grin
Aww he's so sweet HeartHeart
Add a bit more contrast between colours and make the outline a bit less jagged.
I think the body should be longer or the legs shorter.
(04-10-2009, 11:21 AM)Chdonga Wrote: [ -> ]Sitting Bear is his [Native] American name. Any way, he looks pretty pillowshaded. This is my opinion but try to remake it bigger bcause like Vipershark said, the single width shading doesn't look good. Also the face paint makes him looks like a brown tiger.

how is that pillowshaded????

anyway, id suggest you get rid of the rectangular shapes, don't use the recangle tools in paint (if thats what your using) just use the paint brush or pencil =3

as for the shading,, WAYY better then my first try,, but it needs more then just one line, try adding 3 colours of shades, dark-neutral-light colours , and take a look at any other good spriter's sprites, and if you find any that you like, try that style of shading, after all, you sprite the things that you like, best =3
Um....better? [Image: SittingBear-7.png]
Wait............That's better:[Image: SittingBear-8.png]
It's not pillow-shaded, but it's beveled. Giving it just a line of shade and a line of light makes it look like a gravutre on a stonewall or something. Look at other sprites to see how they shade.