The VG Resource

Full Version: Duck Hunt Spriters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I would like to submit a custom sprite sheet that I created for the NES game Duck Hunt.

If thats cool please find the sheet in the following link:
http://championfeatures.deviantart.com/a...-118688765

Given that Deviant Art obviously has a problem with displaying GIF images you will have to click the download button to see the real GIF instead of the low quality JPEG seen in the link.

Cheers,
Shane
Pretty good, but...

#1: These are clearly edits of the originals.
#2: The file type is a JPEG.
#3: You're not supposed to post customs here with approval in another forum.
That was the point.
The game only had 5-10 sprites for the Dog and a few more for the ducks, Im expanding the games sprite sheet....

My first aim was to capture the style of the original sprites throughout and then to draw the actions I need.

And yeah I noticed just after posting that this may have been the wrong forum.
But you said they were customs, but they're not, they're edits. You also need to make an icon for it if you expect it to be submitted.
Ugh, fine? if you like their edits, use whatever terminology you want
Try uploading it from imageshack.us as a PNG format, then, you should get a clear image.
(04-09-2009, 08:41 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Try uploading it from imageshack.us as a PNG format, then, you should get a clear image.
Come on, Lads seriously?

Why comment if you don't read either my first post or the statement I made just under the sheet? The jpeg is a preview image, if you click the button that reads "download" it will lead you to the GIF image, its just that deviant arts a little messed up like that. You dont actually download the image by clicking the button it just leads you to the root file where you can do what you want with it..... plus it adds to my download stats Cute

btw as for whether these are "edits" or "customs" I would say that over 80% of these share no similarity to the source sprites aside from colour and given that that there was never a side, back, diagonal etc perspective for the dog I think it takes some level of ignorance to say their edits.
Okay, well that works.
I quite like it, actually. Very extensive, and could be of some use.
(04-10-2009, 03:07 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]I quite like it, actually. Very extensive, and could be of some use.

Well they where made for a reason, so I'd say they have a use. I've been working on a duck hunt flash animation since some time in 2004 and felt the need to make a crap pile of other sprites to accommodate the motions the dog was to make.

I uploaded an early preview a year or so ago so feel free to see some of the sprites in action:
http://www.sheezyart.com/art/view/1729449/

But the real thing is nearing completion and about twice the length, plus where this old preview starts is now half way through scene 3...[/align]
You know that the big hammer bro's white circle isn't supposed to be an eye, right? It's part of the helment - the two black dots are his eyes.
(04-10-2009, 10:10 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]You know that the big hammer bro's white circle isn't supposed to be an eye, right? It's part of the helment - the two black dots are his eyes.
Not much gets past you....

haha, I remember being puzzled at the time..... call it artistic license or something, I am quite proud of the transformation sprites for the small to big hammer brother though Smile
I loved that animation. It makes the sprites look like they could come to better use.
Very Nice sheet, and the animation was very smooth. Great job!