The VG Resource

Full Version: 16-bit CV3 Alucard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, I've started working on a 16-bit rendition of Alucard. Since it was a little puzzling with all the inconsistent art, I came up with my own concept art. As you can see, I suck at drawing fingers.

[Image: th_Alucard001.png]

Update: Attack poses

[Image: 16-bitCV3Alucard8.png]

[Image: AlucardWalking18.gif]

[Image: Alucardattacking2.gif]
Is he supposed to be so stiff? His knees barely move, and nobody actually walks like that.
And his upper body shouldn't pivot side to side. It looks a little robotic.
XD well, walking and running animations are the hardest to sprite, altho, it looks like hes marching,, use your own walk as refference, or the original alucard sprites =3
His feet are pretty stiff, and his legs don't articulate properly. I'll explain in detail later Defeated"
Well the legs are a bit of a problem to animate right. If you compare it to Simon or Trevor's walking animation, the legs are supposed to be kinda stiff. I was in a bit of a hurry though, so I'll get to work on that. :/
Alright, is it noticeably less stiff?

[Image: 16-bitCV3Alucard3.png]

[Image: AlucardWalking12.gif]
not even close
people don't walk like that
Alright, I think I got it.

[Image: 16-bitCV3Alucard4.png]

[Image: AlucardWalking13.gif]
Straighten his wrists, they look a little prissy. Also hiss ankles move a little more more.
Here's your problem: his knees don't bend.
That, and his legs are also too long compared to his torso. Lower his belt.
Alrighty, added some detail, lowered the belt by 1 pixel, adjusted the ankles, made the hands/wrists bigger, and the knees much more bended.

[Image: 16-bitCV3Alucard5.png]

[Image: AlucardWalking14.gif]
lift his knees more and shorten the legs a little more
Alrighty, legs shortened by 2 pixels, and knees a little more bendy and detailed.

[Image: 16-bitCV3Alucard7.png]

[Image: AlucardWalking16.gif]
Pages: 1 2