The VG Resource

Full Version: NiGHTS in Ml 3 style: comments are appreciated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well, yeah. This is NiGHTS in m+l3 style. Something looks wrong with the head shading, but i think the lineart is okay.

Suggestions are appreciated!

[Image: th_Tsrnightshelp.png]
The eyes definately needs fixing, NiGHTS' eyes are half-closed.
(04-07-2009, 12:40 PM)Rokkan Wrote: [ -> ]The eyes definately needs fixing, NiGHTS' eyes are half-closed.

yeah, but i don't know what to do about that Gonna Puke

I've been working on the eyes for a while, but i don't know how to make them closed or anything without it looking evil or cranky.

Do you have any ways i can make the eyes look half closed?
i also made the back, and i think it looks fine. Just wanted to show it.

[Image: th_nightshelp2tdr.png]
If anyone is still looking at this thread, (Very doubtful, though), I decided to add on. I made nights facing diagonally.
[Image: Nightstsr3.png?t=1243096464]
It looks alright but it could use more detail around the face area. From what I remember, night's had cat-rounded-like eyes..right?
Some parts of the sprite seem sloppy too imo. And the diagonal pose could use some fixing, especially the feet.
Looks great! PLEASE, YOU HAVE TO FINISH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make a whole sheet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a request, you were the one who came up with this idea.
(05-23-2009, 12:37 PM)Star/Starpower Wrote: [ -> ]It looks alright but it could use more detail around the face area. From what I remember, night's had cat-rounded-like eyes..right?
Some parts of the sprite seem sloppy too imo. And the diagonal pose could use some fixing, especially the feet.

Thanks! I know the eyes are like that, but whenever I try to fix it, NiGHTS Looks either lazy or cranky. I dont know what to do about that. Sick

I know it's a bit sloppy, it's still A WIP.

I also recently made a walking animation, but, it's head looks choppy and it moves too much. So, it's not that good, but I want to post it anyway.

[Image: th_Nightswalkingtest.gif]
(05-23-2009, 06:22 PM)Baegal Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2009, 12:37 PM)Star/Starpower Wrote: [ -> ]It looks alright but it could use more detail around the face area. From what I remember, night's had cat-rounded-like eyes..right?

Thanks! I know the eyes are like that, but whenever I try to fix it, NiGHTS Looks either lazy or cranky. I dont know what to do about that. Sick

I know it's a bit sloppy, it's still A WIP.

I also recently made a walking animation, but, it's head looks choppy and it moves too much. So, it's not that good, but I want to post it anyway.

[Image: th_Nightswalkingtest.gif]

Would you like some help with them? I'm busy with a sprite project but I can put it on hold.
I dont know, am I allowed to? I would have to put this in the requests forum. But I don't really want to... x<
(05-24-2009, 09:34 AM)Baegal Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know, am I allowed to? I would have to put this in the requests forum. But I don't really want to... x<

No, I'm asking do you want help with the sprites?
If I had the sprites, I could fix that animation up for you.

(Wait, does asking to help count as a request, or...?)
iDK, but, if you need them, here they are...

F1- [Image: Nightswalk1.png?t=1243187810]
F2- [Image: th_Nightswalk2.png]
F3- [Image: Nightswalk3.png?t=1243187893]
F4- [Image: th_Nightswalk4.png]
F5- [Image: Nightswalk5.png?t=1243187981]
That looks like his is punching and in my opinion the walk is over dramatized/overdone.
[Image: 54692834.gif]

Not sure if it's what you were looking for, but there it is.

I personally think that the sprites are good, but the animation needs work, mainly on the legs.

(Quick Edit: On further thought, has NiGHTS ever walked, anyways? I don't remember it, but I haven't played that game in years.
Pages: 1 2