The VG Resource

Full Version: A Wolf Cub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's my first sprite, a wolf cub!
[Image: wolf_cub.png]
How is it? Update: [Image: wolf_cub-1.png]
UPDATE 2:[Image: wolf_cub-2.png]
UPDATE 3:[Image: wolf.png]
UPDATE 4:[Image: wolf-2.png] (I used Vipershark's lineart for a refrence Big Grin)
"If first you don't succeed,try again."
That's nothing like a wolf cub. And that's barely a sprite. There's no shading, you used MS Paint-ish colors, MS Paint tools, nothing.
ok, let me try again.
Is this better? [Image: wolf_cub-1.png]
check the first post for updates
Try using your avatar for reference. Rather than using basic shapes to try making a wolf, make it look more the wolf in your avatar. As it is now, it doesn't look like a wolf at all. Also, it is pillowshaded. Decide where exactly the lightsource is, rather than having the light come from the center.
okay thank you! I'll try my hardest! Big Grin
Your basicly using the line and circle in mspaint which doesnt look good i suggest you use the pencil and draw with the pencil pixel by pixel make the lines smooth.
Here,
I'm sorta bored, so I'll help.
[Image: wolfhead.png]
This is an extremely basic lineart of the head, using your avatar as a reference. Go from there.
wow, thanks. I hope to someday become as good as you.
trust me, I'm nowhere near one of the best spriters on this forum
oh really? They must be really good. I'd like to see their work. Big Grin
I think it's better if you simplify the lineart. Don't be afraid of using the pencil tool, it works wonders here. Instead of making straight lines, use curves. Living things are usually smooth, so those lines won't work here. Using your avatar as reference, you'll see that its body looks like a short sausage, the rear limbs are curved outwards etc. Working with simple lines will help you set the outlines.
Here.
[Image: wolflineart.png]
I got bored again, so I did a rough lineart of the rest of the body.
Go from there.
edit- The front paw is pretty bad, and the rear one is about 2 legs wide, so you'll need to fix them to show that.
You know, if you don´t know what´s pillow shading, etc, etc, etc, feel free to PM me. Many persons do not know and feel shy to ask (example: i did so... =D ) It´s perfectly normal, and i don´t think you know of those terms yet ^^
(if you do, sorry)
Lone_Wolf, I suggest you go for the paintbrush tool and do as follows:
[Image: shadtut.png]
Paint a shape,
Define a lightsource, (here the light comes from the left and goes to the right)
Smoothen shape and shading
Add antialiasing (tiny blurry pixels on the edges to give a smooth outline).
I think you should study wolf/canine anatomy too, it'll help you make the beast look less awkward once you get proportions and pose right.
Thanks guys! I'll try even harder! Big Grin
(04-06-2009, 01:01 PM)JosephSeraph Wrote: [ -> ]You know, if you don´t know what´s pillow shading, etc, etc, etc, feel free to PM me. Many persons do not know and feel shy to ask (example: i did so... =D ) It´s perfectly normal, and i don´t think you know of those terms yet ^^
(if you do, sorry)

Thanks for the offer. Big Grin, and no, I don't really know many of these terms yet.........Shy
(04-06-2009, 03:33 PM)Chris2Balls Wrote: [ -> ]Lone_Wolf, I suggest you go for the paintbrush tool and do as follows:
[Image: shadtut.png]
Paint a shape,
Define a lightsource, (here the light comes from the left and goes to the right)
Smoothen shape and shading
Add antialiasing (tiny blurry pixels on the edges to give a smooth outline).
I think you should study wolf/canine anatomy too, it'll help you make the beast look less awkward once you get proportions and pose right.

Thanks, I'll try that too. Big Grin
Check the first post for updates.