The VG Resource

Full Version: MC Veran
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spriting something in the style for a friend, so I thought I may as well pick this back up.

[Image: veranwalk.gif]
Old: Someone suggested the head move. But looking at the character sprites, I'm fairly sure no one's head in the game moves when they walk.
[Image: veranwalk2.gif]
New: Unmoving head and very minor touch-ups.

C+C and stuff (bEmbarassed)b
The new one is better since the one with the moving head has a moment in the animation where the edge of the right part of the hat looks weird.

If the character is floating in the air and is not using the outline of the ground as its outline than you should put an outline on the bottom of the cloud.

If not, then my bad

Good job on it overall Tongue
The left part of her hat thing during the animation is really unnecessarily wiggly; It looks like it's alive. It should have a little bounce but not so much side to side.

My only other concern is the color scheme. Her skin is more teal and the part that you have pink is a darker more purplish color. There's an attachment with a reference. But if you wanted it to be bright and colorful then it looks good and fits with the style.
To be honest, I didn't know what was going on in the sprite until I looked closer.
The head needs to bob up and down slightly. When a leg is stretched forward, have her head lower by a pixel.
For a normal MC NPC, the walking animation should only take 4 frames:
1. stationary
2. left leg forward
3. stationary again
4. right leg forward
then loop.

Use that little tidbit however you want. Maybe you want her walk to be a bit more elegantly-sprited, or whatever.