The VG Resource

Full Version: PROJECT QUANTUM: wip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been working on a simple style for a game I will be making, The main Character is named Thame, giant robot not done.

C+C Please

[Image: quantumsprites.png]
Pretty good, so-so. I'd probably add more shading to kind of go with the levels more.
I like the style of shading you used, like to see more
Don't listen to these two above me, the colors need work. You should try hue shifting between shades to get more definition. Instead of going from a yellow to a darker yellow or a brown, try something different. Good work so far though. Try making your own circles too since the circle tool in paint sucks horribly.
Again:
I like the style of shading you used, like to see more
I have not been spriting long, this is only the second spriting project I have worked on so can you explain hue shifting a bit more, or show me an example. Thanks
Hue shifting is the change in the hue, or closeness to one end of the colour spectrum, for shading to make it look more realistic. Generally hue shifting goes more into violet as the colours become darker, while they go over to red more as they get lighter.

Other than the fact I am not a fan of the legs, this is looking pretty good. Just use our advice.