The VG Resource

Full Version: how do I rip textures from psx games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I would like to know with which plug-in or program I can rip textures from PSX games. I know there is a certain plug-in for N64 emulator, therefore I'd like to know how it works with the ePSXe emulator.
Thanks! Smile
There are various ways in ripping textures from PSX games, all of which are fairly complex. What game are you thinking about ripping from?
(03-30-2009, 09:56 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]There are various ways in ripping textures from PSX games, all of which are fairly complex. What game are you thinking about ripping from?

Dino Crisis Smile
You could try scanning it with Psicture first.
If all else fails, try a 3D extractor program like 3D Ripper DX
(03-30-2009, 11:21 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: [ -> ]If all else fails, try a 3D extractor program like 3D Ripper DX

and how can i use this with the psx emulator? O_o
Sorry to rise this from it's grave, but I have just posted a method to extract textures from nearly any PSX image using 3D Ripper DX.
This is over a year old. Even if you do have something new, I doubt the OP is still looking for a way to rip these textures...
I guess not. But I thought I should post a redirect here, seeing as this topic is one of the first results that are shown when searching for the term "PSX texture rip" in Google.
It makes crazy sense to me, anyway.
W/e; I'll just move this to the Textures Resource so the thread is at least relevant.