The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic and... stuff...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
okay, first off, I wanna get this clear, I don't want anybody coming in here and just flat out saying "he should stop sucking so bad" or "he should just die", no, these posts will just be ignored by myself, and I hope by all the sensible people around here.

anyways, this is basically a thread to see how the gamers think Sonic can improve in any form. Me personally, I feel they need to renew the Chao system once again, instead of this Nightopian bull s**t, and improve on that a bit more. I really liked the Chao concept for Sonic, and I think maybe if they can't make a Chao system added on to any of their games, I think their should be an entire independant Chao game, where you pretty much do nothing but raise your Chao, and have limitless possibilities (possibly a WiiWare game?) and maybe even explore certain area zones AS your Chao. I think that'd be awesome.
That'd be pretty awesome. But I'd like it if they kept the Hero/Dark system for the Chaos. And a WiiWare game sounds great too.
Correct, Sega could expand so much upon Chao. They are what really added replay value to the Adventure titles.

I think they just need to improve upon the fluidity of the games. Ever since SA2, all of Sonic's (or any hedgehog's) moves feel sluggish, spindhas and homing jump most notably.
Chao, and prefected collision detection.

The on;y issue I really had with the 3D games was the sily amount of glitches they had. If they had them straigtened out, this would be improved considerably.

It's also interested how the game engine got worse as the games went on, instead of improving...
That new Sonic game that's coming out looks like it may solve some problems.
Damn, my computer restarted as soon as I was done writing my post, so it never posted. I will now try this again.

They need to make a Sonic game where you can play as many different characters, each with different styles of playing, like platforming with Sonic, treasure hunting with Knuckles, and shoot-em-up-ing with Dr. Eggman (I refuse to call him Dr. Robotnik). They could give it a catchy title, like "Sonic Adventure 3."
I miss the good old days when Sonic roamed around large cities. Not old ancient temples or deserts, like today. Except in Sonic Adventure when that didn't matter.
Yoder Wrote:Correct, Sega could expand so much upon Chao. They are what really added replay value to the Adventure titles.

I think they just need to improve upon the fluidity of the games. Ever since SA2, all of Sonic's (or any hedgehog's) moves feel sluggish, spindhas and homing jump most notably.

Yes, the Chao system was awesome. A Silver-themed chao could be the new Hero,Running,Running variation.

yes, that's pretty much why I haven't sold my Sonic Adventure games yet, they have Chao, which was awesome, and it was something that Mario didn't have first
Holy christ, what is with all of you and your obsessions with a side-addition of a virtual pet to a Sonic game, I mean seriously, if you like those so much go buy a Tamagotchi or something I mean Jesus. Let Sonic be just a fast-paced platformer.
Geo the Fox Wrote:Holy christ, what is with all of you and your obsessions with a side-addition of a virtual pet to a Sonic game, I mean seriously, if you like those so much go buy a Tamagotchi or something I mean Jesus. Let Sonic be just a fast-paced platformer.

1. the Chao system was made for Sonic and required Sonic to be the platformer.

2. Sega's greatest accomplishment was probably Chao

3. this is a free thread where you suggest improvement where Sonic needs them

and 4. if you don't have anything nice (or rational for that matter) to say, then don't say it at all
While some may want an exact clone of SA1 and SA2, a change of pace with some different mechanics would be nice. If a series copies the same ideas over and over (*cough*mario*cough*), it gets stale fast.

Chao were a huge part of what made the Adventure games so great. They were a break from the speed. If you didn't want to bother, they could be easily ignored. If you spent the time raising your chao, it would be well worth the effort in the end.
Sho_"Rocker"_Daisuke Wrote:1. the Chao system was made for Sonic and required Sonic to be the platformer.

2. Sega's greatest accomplishment was probably Chao

3. this is a free thread where you suggest improvement where Sonic needs them

and 4. if you don't have anything nice (or rational for that matter) to say, then don't say it at all

1. That's not what I'm saying. By the way, Sonic Pinball Party says "Hi."

2. Cool opinion.

3. I just did. Learn to read. "Let Sonic just be a fast-paced plastformer." Sonic keeps straying away from his roots too much, and it always ends up that those games are the ones that suck. When they DO actually make a platformer, it tends to fall short. Sonic 360, anyone?

4. Learn to read.
The main thing is to fix the camera/collision detection/controls which are getting worser each game (fully aware that even Sonic 2 and 3/K had their fair share of problems) plus Sonic doesn't need that booster for every loop that he goes through in the 3D games, one or two is fine but every one?

Some personal things:

What happened to the Green Hills/Chemical Plants/Scrap Brains and all the memorable levels from the classics? Okay so Green Hill went around the block a few times but there are many zones that need reviving or based on instead of Santorini zone in Unleashed.

Better level design. I must admit, even though Rush and Rush Adventure were the closest feel to the classics and indeed the only modern Sonic games that I own past Heroes - the main problem was the level design with bottomless pits everywhere and a similar pattern to every level.

Dr. Robotnik being the boss again - not only that but being the final boss. The boss taking over Robotnik was fine in SA because it was unique but now it is the same over and over again.

Cut the cast - way down. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Robotnik is all - maybe Amy for a quick ending scene or something. The main problem with most games are the useless characters being in every game (Cream, Marine and even Shadow) and turning it to the Sonic that I don't know/want to know.

A game that respects the classic fans which are now dying like fly sprays (aka classic Sonic design [black eye and all], special stages, Chaos Emeralds not being used as plot device unless it is absolutely needed and minimist story which doesn't need cutscenes) but that is pipe dream.
Geo the Fox Wrote:1. That's not what I'm saying. By the way, Sonic Pinball Party says "Hi."

2. Cool opinion.

3. I just did. Learn to read. "Let Sonic just be a fast-paced plastformer." Sonic keeps straying away from his roots too much, and it always ends up that those games are the ones that suck. When they DO actually make a platformer, it tends to fall short. Sonic 360, anyone?

4. Learn to read.

1. The way you had put it made it seem like you were saying that, also, I've never played Sonic Pinball Party mainly because i like to stray away from pinball spin off games

2. I'm no stranger to sarcasm

3. I never said you weren't, I was just stated what the point of this thread was and defending what I and every one was saying about Chao

4. this is coming from a person who seems to jump to conclusions about how I read
1. Sonic Pinball Party is a pinball game on the GBA that also has a Chao Garden. The point is that it's not a platformer game, yet it has a fully functional Chao Garden. Therefore, the Chao Garden does not necessarily need platforming. Maybe Sonic, but not platforming. That said, it's really stupid to put that level of emphasis on a moderate-sized add-on to two great Sonic games. It's not like I hate the Chao Garden, of course. It's just not necessary to add on. If Sonic Team keeps focusing on other aspects aside from the main course of Sonic's game play, the franchise will keep spiraling downward. That said, if anything they should prolly make a Wii Ware title that is specifically for Chao Garden and gets add-ons from the other Wii Sonic games. I guess. If only to appease fans like you.

2. I'm no stranger to non-strangers of sarcasm.

3. In my defense, you used the word "you."

4. No, I came to a conclusion that you lack the ability to read. Not how you read. Big difference! >=(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7