The VG Resource

Full Version: A few Mario enemies in SMW style.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pretty much Spriting whatever enemies that were in the Mario series that never appeared in SMW

Enimies from SML:
Nyololin:
[Image: nyololinsprites.png]
Mekabon:
[Image: mekabonsprites.png]
Yurain:
[Image: yurainsprites.png]

Enemies from SMB2:USA
Flurry:
[Image: flurrysprites.png]
Porcupo:
[Image: porcuposprites.png]

Enemies from NSMB:
Snailicorn:
[Image: snailicornsprites.png]
C+C would be appreciated.

Edit: All sprites will have there own separate sheets
Edit 2: Renamed topic title
Edit 3: Decided to organize this post a bit and have it say what enemies came from which game
The shell for the snailicorn is not smooth. On the first snailicorn sprite, the horn "curves" upwards, while the last one is straight. They should mostly be the same.
Fixed the horn, but is the shell any better?
Yes, good job
Added Mekabon/robotic head launcher sprites
[Image: customsmwsprites.png]
The only 2 self crits I have for my new sprites is that the sprite might need to be smoothed out, and the head might need to be fixed a bit to So it can match a bit closer to the ref I am using.
His arms, feet, and eyes should be bigger, look at the picture
Did that and fixed the head a bit
[Image: mekabonsprites.png]

Also just a heads up I'm going to separate the sprites into there own sheets.
I like it much better now
Two SMB2:USA enemies and an update for Nyololin from SML
[Image: porcuposprites.png]
Updated:
[Image: nyololinsprites.png]
I like the porcupo but the shading for the Rurry sprite is not visible. Please change that.
Even though they fit the style, none of these look like you could actually put them in the game, they would stick out like a sore thumb.
The snail thing's feet don't seem very SMW I think the use of the black outline needs to be revised in a lot of these.
Not a sprite thing, but separate the "F" and "l" in Flurry. It looks like Rurry right now.

But, Goemar is right. They're lacking something that makes them look SMW... I just don't know what. Compare them to some other sprites in that style.
@Goemar:would it better If I did this with the snailicorn sprites?

@Azure & Shroob: done, but I'm going to revise the black outlines on Flurry before reuploading them.

Edit:
Most of the enemies in the game have similar feet, look at those. Shell bits have a black outline, but no on the flashy bits, unless there is no shell.
It is a damn hard style.
Maybe this version might work out. Hopefully the feet look a bit decent this time.
(The eye I'm going to leave black, but the shell has absolutely no black this time)
Pages: 1 2