The VG Resource

Full Version: Editing Urban Champion sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm still new here and I got confused as to which board I should post this under so if it's on the wrong board, move it or something.

I'm working on a NES style game simply called Smash Bros. at the momemt to improve my game making skills for the real thing. The real project will be a Smash Bros. game but with characters of a different gaming community. So this project is just for practice.

Anyways, upon selecting my roster, I decided to have the fighter from Urban Champion as a player. This guy right here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/urb...heet/13062.

The problem is that it's to big. This guy has become the biggest character in the entire roster, which is not right since he's as tall as Bowser:

[Image: 304_size.png]

So I decided to edit the sprite. I shrunk it by 1:2 ratio and try to smooth out the jagged edges and stuff. Here's the result.

[Image: 304_urbanfighter.gif]

[Image: 304_urbanfighter_double.png]

Does it look good?
It looks like all you did was slightly darken the colors.
I'd say sorta?The pose you compared to bowser looks different now that you resized it.And is the body suppose to be a different color?
The different color is due to me using GIF. I'll remake it in PNG with the correct colors. I just want to know if they look fine with them shrunk and edited.