The VG Resource

Full Version: Working on my first submission to this community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, all. Like I said, I'm not a big "custom-sprites" kind of guy, so I thought the best thing I could do was to rip sprites from old-school games I loved playing as a kid. One specific game was Quackshot (starring Donald Duck). I noticed there weren't that many sprites available other than Donald and the NPC's. So, I started ripping enemy sprites from the game. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten this off it's feet, so I only have 2 enemies ripped.

[Image: Quackshotenemies.jpg]
-first one is one of Pete's numerous Cronies. This is the one that appears in Duckburg. The one with the satchel has a different shooting animation then the one without. It is supposed to look like that. I also got the projectile, too. For some reason, Pete's cronies have invented tomato-guns. Tongue
-the second one is the Lennie-esque crony that randomly drops cacti on Donald's skull in Duckburg. I call him "down syndrome crony" because that's what he reminds me of. (also, anybody get the Lennie reference? Cute)

also, it saved as a jpeg because Photobucket fails at image conversion. I'll save it as a GIF or a PNG when I submit this.
If you would, please change it to a PNG before you submit, like now...Hah, it might be a good idea to put all the cronies on one shet,and the name Down Syndrome Cronny offends me.
Good work.
i loved that game.

Remember the green plungers?

EDIT: Yeah you do need to save it as a PNG.
You may have to re-rip it if you dont have a copy that hasn't been Jpeg'd.

(03-26-2009, 09:02 PM)robo9 Wrote: [ -> ]and the name Down Syndrome Cronny offends me.
You have down syndrome.
Like it but the cronny#1 backpack in the third sprite looks floating move it a bit. I know it's not costume but you could do that at least right?
Of Mice and Men.
(03-26-2009, 09:07 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]Like it but the cronny#1 backpack in the third sprite looks floating move it a bit. I know it's not costume but you could do that at least right?

That is literally how the sprite is supposed to move. I noticed that myself, and I thought it was weird when I first looked at it. Anyway, in the next update, I'll get the boxing turtles, the Duckburg pelicans that drop beehives, and maybe a few enemies from Mexico as well. Wink

Oh, and down syndrome crony will be changed as well. And it will also be saved to PNG next time. I don't know why it keeps converting to JPEG. xD