The VG Resource

Full Version: HOLY SHIT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You need a fucking amazing connection in order for that to work. That high a connection to stream HD media is not available to over half of the world.
This sounds completely excellent. Although, you'll still need a pretty good computer to play said HD videos.
(03-24-2009, 06:40 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]You need a fucking amazing connection in order for that to work. That high a connection to stream HD media is not available to over half of the world.

That's why they're doing a rang of resolutions.
I'd rather have a physical copy of my games than pay a monthly fee.

At least then if my house burns down, I can claim contents insurance.
This is going to need a lot of marketing. PC gamers already have, you know, good PCs.
This is a good idea
A good idea.
Good luck making that idea a reality.

But if they do pull it off great, then that's really awesome. Being a macfag I'd like to finally taste the sweet nectar of steam that oozes out as you turn the valve.
But besides that, classic games are also a must! Emulation often fails me, but I'd gladly pay for those classic PSX games.
This is pretty cool, but it says that they offer the service to users within 100 (or did it say 1000 miles?) of the clusters.
Maybe I just didn't read it right, but I want one near me so I can use it. :/
I guess one way it could work that a certain group, a bunch of close friends would buy one of those amazing supermachines and they'd be the only ones permitted to access it.
This way there wouldn't be the lag of 100000000000 people connecting to a single service and the company would probably earn more money for people purchasing these personal ones.
This will be so stupidly laggy if they get it really started up. And it will not even be accessible to many people. Australia itself won't even have over 10 users, if one. It is a nice idea, but it will likely be a flop.
In principle that's amazing, I'm just skeptical about how well it would run for reals.

Personally I think more developers should jump onto the Steam system instead :c
Eh, also very skeptical on this matter, not only you need to have an incredible speedy connection, but you have to pay monthly/weekly and I hate this sort of stuff. No, thanks.
Also, upgrading hardware isn't as expansive as paying for a great internet connection speed in a long period.