The VG Resource

Full Version: Shadow the Hedgehog 2: Path of an Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm around half-way done programming it. Still needs level sprites. I have a title screen.

[Image: 2957288_800x600.png]
Complete title screen by Danny The Echidna. Don't worry, it looks fine in full screen.

I'm using Cylent Nite Shadow sprites. Need enemy sprites. I need someone to edit the sprites of the weapons into more animations, I'll be more specific with that if anybody actually tells me that they would want to do it. Contributions similar to Cylent Nite's style would be greatly appreciated. You will be credited if I use them. Sorry for the scrambled info.

UPDATE: Please be more specific about the title screen, what's wrong with it? I'm not really looking for sprites, I can make them on my own, I just kinda wanted to know if anyone already made them. The enemies though, really the thing I'm focused on is, G.U.N. troops sprites. I guess it would also be helpful for G.U.N. vehicles too, for Shadow and the G.U.N. troops to operate. As for a demo, I guess I completely over exaggerated how close I am to being done, I have Shadow completely programmed, excluding weapons. Music is floating along nicely, having trouble with volume though. If I wanted to make a demo though, it would be Mac-only, just like the game. Sorry. I'm confident that it really is going to being a good game. By saying Shadow is completely programmed, I also mean his jump speed, weight, running speed, etc. One again, I apologize for the scrambled info, I'm not good at typing stuff in order... writer's block I guess. Shy
The title screen looks pretty rank.
As for the programming you say you've already done, care to post a demo ?
We don't know anything about this project that would make anybody want to help with it.
Sense you got half way done just post a demo you pretty much have a choice post a demo and people will get more involve dont post and people will not care.
(03-22-2009, 07:55 PM)Captain America Wrote: [ -> ]Sense you got half way done just post a demo you pretty much have a choice post a demo and people will get more involve dont post and people will not care.

Please use punctuation.

If you really do have it done, you should post a demo, it sounds like you just want sprites.

Its going to be hard to find Shadow enemy sprites, I would just use Sonic enemies.
Sorry I was in a rush in that post.
(03-22-2009, 08:02 PM)Paris Wrote: [ -> ]Its going to be hard to find Shadow enemy sprites, I would just use Sonic enemies.

Thank you for the suggestion Smile , I'll look into spicing a few of them up to look more Cylent Nite-ish, but I still want more "original" enemies in sprite form. Mainly G.U.N. troops. But I think I'll go ahead and use some of the sprites from classic Sonic games, but not too many, because I don't want to make a Sonic rip-off. The suggestion was greatly appreciated.
how'd u make that title screen?! I've been tryin' 2 mak 1 4 ages!
(03-30-2009, 07:13 PM)Clear_Midnight Wrote: [ -> ]how'd u make that title screen?! I've been tryin' 2 mak 1 4 ages!

Translation:

How did you make that title screen? I've been trying to make one for ages!

13375P34|< 4 |\|00|3Z
(03-30-2009, 07:17 PM)Shroob2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2009, 07:13 PM)Clear_Midnight Wrote: [ -> ]how'd u make that title screen?! I've been tryin' 2 mak 1 4 ages!

Translation:

How did you make that title screen? I've been trying to make one for ages!

13375P34|< 4 |\|00|3Z

..........Rolleyes

I took some pics and edited them with GIMP. Which is a free photo editing software for all computers. ...At least, I think it's for all computers. Shy
(03-30-2009, 07:46 PM)Danny The Echidna Wrote: [ -> ]

I took some pics and edited them with GIMP. Which is a free photo editing software for all computers. ...At least, I think it's for all computers. Shy

Thanks! I'm making my own title screen now. Cool
That's wonderful but why should anybody care about this project?

Post a demo.
(03-31-2009, 01:16 AM)Osiris Wrote: [ -> ]That's wonderful but why should anybody care about this project?

Post a demo.

Like I said, I'm not to close to being finished programing. I still don't even have level sprites. I can assure you though, I'll post a demo when I'm done.
Reading Clear_Midnight's posts makes me laugh.

Hes a funny kind (Y)
Even if you don't have the sprites done, you could still use mockups for a demo. That way we could at least see how the engine works.
Pages: 1 2