The VG Resource

Full Version: Company
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know this isn't a sprite but can you please tell me how to improve this?

[Image: RAPTOR.png]
For one thing the white things around the eagle look really bad. The background needs to be better and the letters should take either more space or increase the size of the eagle or add another thing on the other side. <ove it to creativity please.
If it's not a sprite, you should post it on the Creative board.

Duh?
Thanks for moving it Groovey.Fix what I said Clear it should look a bit better.
Ok, the improved version:

[Image: RAPTOR.png]
Much better. I still think the background should be something more attractive.
(03-22-2009, 05:38 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]If it's not a sprite, you should post it on the Creative board.

Duh?

Actually no.I'm still a n00b.Shy
(03-22-2009, 05:54 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]Much better. I still think the background should be something more attractive.

Any suggestions then?
I really don't know use the other effects from the program you're using don't just use gradient.
(03-22-2009, 05:57 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't know use the other effects from the program you're using don't just use gradient.

Ok then, I won't use that. I'll try again.

*scratches head* I can't figure out what to do!
How long did it take, like 30 minutes of gradient abuse ?
Nothing really eye-catching.
"Hey guys, I'm gonna make a logo for a fake company, but I really don't feel like being original or creative, what should I do?"
"Gradient the hell out of it?"
"YEAH! I'm gonna go do that!"

Seriously, was that the thought process behind this, because that is just grossly unappealing. First of all, the use of gradients leads the eyes from other places to where the dominant shade is, by having two areas of gradients you're basically admitting in the image that you don't know if you'd rather have the observer look at the name or the falcon clipart. Secondly, your font is so bland and uninteresting as a solid color, same with the falcon. It's literally a letdown to the eyes when you're lead there from the gradient. Finally, fix the white border around the tail of the bird, it just SCREAMS out that you're artistically unaware of what you're doing.

So ultimately I'd say you've produced a very poor quality image, and should look over those three points and reconsider what you're doing. Consider why you're doing it, who's the target audience, and what your goal is. If you're just trying to let people know you're extra-super-special by being in a 'company' then don't bother, nobody cares. If you're trying to prove you're artistic, you've failed that point because of poor design and composition. If you've made it because it's practice, then fine, review the points brought up in this topic and reassess where your faults lay.

...your faults lie.

Ugh, I'm really fucking bad at grammar.
Geez Zee. I know you're just giving him advice but but there's no need to be rude about it.
(03-26-2009, 08:27 AM)Zee Wrote: [ -> ]"Hey guys, I'm gonna make a logo for a fake company, but I really don't feel like being original or creative, what should I do?"

Seriously, was that the thought process behind this, because that is just grossly unappealing. First of all, the use of gradients leads the eyes from other places to where the dominant shade is, by having two areas of gradients you're basically admitting in the image that you don't know if you'd rather have the observer look at the name or the falcon clipart. Secondly, your font is so bland and uninteresting as a solid color, same with the falcon. It's literally a letdown to the eyes when you're lead there from the gradient. Finally, fix the white border around the tail of the bird, it just SCREAMS out that you're artistically unaware of what you're doing.

So ultimately I'd say you've produced a very poor quality image, and should look over those three points and reconsider what you're doing. Consider why you're doing it, who's the target audience, and what your goal is. If you're just trying to let people know you're extra-super-special by being in a 'company' then don't bother, nobody cares. If you're trying to prove you're artistic, you've failed that point because of poor design and composition. If you've made it because it's practice, then fine, review the points brought up in this topic and reassess where your faults lay.

...your faults lie.

Go find another post to spam, I already reported you anyway.
(03-26-2009, 05:41 PM)Clear_Midnight Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2009, 08:27 AM)Zee Wrote: [ -> ]"Hey guys, I'm gonna make a logo for a fake company, but I really don't feel like being original or creative, what should I do?"

...your faults lie.

lol, you reported a post because you didn't agree with his critcism?

ahahahahahaha
(03-26-2009, 06:18 PM)Osiris Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2009, 05:41 PM)Clear_Midnight Wrote: [ -> ]

...your faults lie.

lol, you reported a post because you didn't agree with his critcism?

ahahahahahaha

I hope you get banned, your a spammer too.
Pages: 1 2