The VG Resource

Full Version: Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, these are some various rips from Michael Jackson's Moonwalker for the SEGA Genesis. So what?

Ripped by me, Goombill Rezne Koopario. You could call me Goombill for short, if you want, when giving credit.

Enjoy and don't steal!

PS-The image at the bottom (with Michael, the hooker, and the Club 30 criminal) is just a joke. Nothing personal or whatever, just for humor material. However, if you want, you may use it.
Image doesn't work for me.
(03-22-2009, 10:46 AM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Image doesn't work for me.

You have to add .bmp at the end of the file that says Various Rips and delete the MACOS folder.

As for the rip itself, it reminds me of them really old rips that you find where it is a few of allsorts. I'm not saying that it is BAD (pun not intented), its just that it doesn't seem right. The icon is on the sheet with the wrong font and in caps, lots of white space filled with tags (the tSR logo still has parts of the background) and I'm not sure about the bottom (even though it is a laugh).

Your heart was at the right place though and the characters were actually ripped quite well (whether it is all of the frames, I don't know)..
Yeah. This isn't a full rip, however, the sheet is done.

-I didn't want to take the background off the TSR logo, I like it the way it is.
-This (I believe) is the first Michael Jackson' Moonwalker sheet on the site, so I wanted to emphasize with big letters.
-The story behind the bottom image. It's based on VGDC's Moonwalker parody...sort of.
-It may not seem right, as it is related to Michael Jackson.
-I didn't make a seperate image for the icon, as AppleWorks does not let you resize the work space like Paint does. I could somehow import the icon to our PC...but I don't want to get into too much harrassment...
Ah... you use a Mac and there aren't many emulators for that (well there's Genesis Plus, a couple of others and recently Kega Fusion) so it was harder to do, for that reason you did a good job. (The only other way was to make savestates and hope that TileMolester works a Mac) I can understand your reasons though that you listed.

Also sad to say that I was the first person to rip from this game here (I ripped Michael himself http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/C...ackson.png ) but you tackled the other stuff which is a good thing.
Ah, thank you, Mr. Yawackhary. However, is that sheet on this site? I think not (you can correct me if I'm wrong). Also, thanks for those rips. I found another sheet of Michael on Sprite Database. I do plan on making a Smash Bros. fangame (Super Sprite Smash may be canceled). If it's OK with you, would you mind if I used these sprites? Call me crazy, but yes, Michael will be one of the playable characters. That gangster guy (from Club 30) will be an assist trophy. Crazy, right?