The VG Resource

Full Version: Time to Revive my spriting Skills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been spriting for my game and my spriting skills are geting rusty cause i mostly do animations so i want to warm is up a bit so i will be spriting from time to time to warm up my spriting skills and improve.
Here a Ramuh i made Work in process
[Image: Rumah.png][Image: Rumah-2.png]
I really liked how it came out going to add details and shading know.
Anything that needs editing please tell me C+C
Kakimi style [Image: RumahKaikistyle.png]
Did you do the outline first?
Yea I also tried out Kakimi style cause it rox this is how it came out
[Image: RumahKaikistyle.png]
and shaded it in
[Image: Rumah-2.png]
C+C please
It's not Kakimi style if you just leave it at a flat shade and put a white outline around it. You have to make it look in style.
(03-19-2009, 02:14 PM)Captain America Wrote: [ -> ]Yea I also tried out Kakimi style cause it rox this is how it came out
[Image: RumahKaikistyle.png]
and shaded it in
[Image: Rumah-2.png]
C+C please
I wouldn't've started by the outline... You should start by creating a mass of colour, apply basic shading on it and finish shading and creating a nice AA'd outline.
NO i made his hands longer and added a pointy ear i read how to make his style.
@ Chris2balls what does AA mean and how do you start with just coloring?
It's not in the style Cap. Look at the style and compare your sprite with his. They don't match at all the style is really bad in your sprite.
Ok i Fail at kakimi Style i care more about the shaded one though any c+c on that??
(03-19-2009, 03:37 PM)Captain America Wrote: [ -> ]NO i made his hands longer and added a pointy ear i read how to make his style.
@ Chris2balls what does AA mean and how do you start with just coloring?
You'll understand what I mean if you think about how you paint. You have painted in acrylics before haven't you? If not, I'll PM you some stuff if requested.
Nope never please pm me some tuts im really a begginner in spriting dont know lots of stuff..I want to learn
It's mostly pillow shaded so it doesn't look so good.
LOL? Pillow shadded the light source comes from left uperr corner if you look a my sprites they are shaded that way.
Pillow shadded is basicly when you shade around the edges.
Ill try to reshade it though can anyone give me tips on shading im really bad at it.
Don't shade it smooth. If he were a plastic figure then this would look fine, but organic things aren't smooth and thus shouldn't be shaded so.
It does look plastic lol im going to play around with the shading.
Yeah just because it has a white outline doesn't make it in my style...
Pages: 1 2