The VG Resource

Full Version: xdonthave1xx's submissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello. Um... I've been a longtime visitor on this site. And... I figured I'd try to help by submitting some sprites.

Right now, I'm ripping the characters Layla and Iris from the Famicom game Layla.

This isn't a complete submission right now because I would like to ask a question on whether to have the background black, or to color it another color (maybe a shade of blue). The sprites for Layla are complete, but I would like to ask for this suggestion of background color.

Without further delay. A work in progress that is 99% complete (only background color issue)
Chose black for the background.

(Editing post to redirect icons and sheets to a different folder on my PB account. And re-edited again due to posting a sheet twice in a row...)

Which icon would you prefer for the game's section?
[Image: Layla_Section_B.png] or [Image: Layla_Section_A.png]

Icon
[Image: Layla-Layla_icon.png]

Playable character
[Image: Layla-Layla.png]

And... Iris acts like an NPC that mimics your commands, so you shoot, she shoots. You jump, she jumps. Oddly enough, if you land on and jump from a disappearing block, she'll jump in mid-air from where you jumped from. So... either playable or friendly character...
[Image: Layla-Iris_Icon.png]
[Image: Layla-Iris.png]
Great job. And welcome!
OK. Decided to rip the items. Then the font. ... Going to need to rename the icon... And posting two versions. One with the title screen art (only the art, not the text on the title) included, and one without the title art.

Um... my first sheet and icon (first being on the items and font) included the title screen and art. And looking over it again... I forgot my credit... Oh well.
Icon
[Image: Layla-ItemsFontTitleArt_Icon.png]
Sheet
[Image: Layla-ItemsTextTitleArt.png]

This second one doesn't include the title artwork.
Icon
[Image: Layla-ItemsFont_Icon.png]
Sheet
[Image: Layla-ItemsText.png]

Sorry about the "choices" with my submissions. I'll work to get them to be one correct thing in the future.

Updating post since topic is currently still on the front page.

The Warzen family from Legacy of the Wizard. Took some willpower to use the name Warzen instead of Drasle. Maybe if I upload the MSX version.

Icon
[Image: LegacyOfTheWizard-WarzenFamily_Icon.png]
Sheet
[Image: LegacyOfTheWizard-WarzenFamily.png]
These are great rips!
"Rubble Saver" and "Adventures of Star Saver"

Rubble Saver
[Image: Section-GB-RubbleSaver.png]
[Image: RubbleSaver-FriendlyCharacters_Icon.png]
[Image: RubbleSaver-FriendlyCharacters.png]

The Adventures of Star Saver
[Image: Section-GB-StarSaver.png]
[Image: StarSaver-FriendlyCharacters_Icon.png]
[Image: StarSaver-FriendlyCharacters.png]

I'm missing two sprites for the humans. Since I was trying to play through Rubble Saver in the hopes of seeing if they mentioned a name for the character(s) [they don't], I tried to stay as the robot for as long as I could while using save states. As a result, I don't have the sprites for when the human characters use the wing (jetpack?) powerup. It's 4:40 in the morning where I am right now, and I'll try to get them later after I get some sleep.

And since I'm a jerk, I made the section icons as similar as I could. Tongue
I think I'll run through Star Saver to see if its merely a "professional" graphic change rom hack. Because they even kept the girl's scream when the hero is thrown out of the robot when you get hit (game has a Ghouls and Ghosts health system).

Updating both Friendly Characters sheets with the flight powerup sprites (which is mostly useless since you can only use it once, and if you accidentally tap the jump button, you end it. Not like they don't give you hookshots left and right. Even though I was using save states, I had 16 by the end of the game. And maybe only needed to use one of them. And that was mostly not knowing the solution to a puzzle...)
Updated both.
Hahaha, I'd love to be able to do that in this modern age. Release 2 games after developing one.

Great rips!
Rubble Saver II.
[Image: Section-GB-RubbleSaverII.png]
[Image: RubbleSaverII-Player_Icon.png]
[Image: RubbleSaverII-Player.png]

And anyone that uses Photobucket, I can't multi-upload pictures onto it. Does anyone know if its a Photobucket problem, a Windows Vista problem, a Firefox 3 problem, or should I see about lowering the settings of my security tools? Because whenever I go to upload multiple things, the first one gets uploaded and the others freeze. Oh well. Enjoy the sprites.
AWesome! Big Grin
Great job! That one character looks exactly like Opa-Opa from Fantasy Zone...
Thanks. You're right, it kinda does.

Right now, working on a project. An old NES game I used to own (that is not being ripped by anyone else [Crystalis {used to own it as a kid Big Grin never completed it Sad }], nor already had rips [Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout]) as a kid called Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum.

Currently going over the tileset used for the "elevator shaft" areas of the game. Just need to figure how I want to arrange the sprites.
Just going to go over more levels to get the tilesets used for the levels of the game (since levels of course take up a lot of space).
Hm... I could probably save myself some trouble if I remove the main character and the two framed animation forcefields from the "elevator shaft" levels and just release the map for all 25 floors...

OK. Next time I return to this topic, I'm going to have sheets.
OK. Sorry about that. This game is a classic only in the sense that it is old. Plus, not knowing just how small the tilesets were. Made a lot of screenshots. With so many to go through, plus procrastination. Well, here they are.

Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum. And since that all would not fit. Dash Galaxy.
[Image: Section-NES-DashGalaxy.png]
[Image: DashGalaxy-StageElements_Icon.png]
[Image: DashGalaxy-StageElements.png]
[Image: DashGalaxy-ElevatorShaftTileset_Ico.png]
[Image: DashGalaxy-ElevatorShaftTileset.png]

Standard section icon.
Stage elements. The elements that make up a stage.
Elevator shaft. Each floor (world) of the game has a hub called the elevator shaft.

Characters (Dash and enemies) eventually with the collectibles since its small (almost all the enemies have only two frames of animation...)
Very cool!
Pretty cool job! Big Grin
Was viewing the tiles for Ultima Exodus for the NES, and a few days back noticed a jester that does not appear anywhere in the NES game. While waiting for a download to finish, I was looking at the tiles for the monsters you can fight and came across a monster I never ever encountered in all the years I ever played the NES version. Continued looking at the tiles even more and found some more sprites that don't contain things you can encounter.

Going to update this post later with submissions.
Submissions. Ultima Exodus for the NES.
[Image: Section-NES-UltimaExodus.png]
[Image: UltimaExodus-PC_Icon.png]
[Image: UltimaExodus-PC.png]
[Image: UltimaExodus-NPC_Icon.png]
[Image: UltimaExodus-NPC.png]
[Image: UltimaExodus-Monsters_Icon.png]
[Image: UltimaExodus-Monsters.png]
[Image: UltimaExodus-BigSprites_Icon.png]
[Image: UltimaExodus-BigSprites.png]
[Image: UltimaExodus-UnusedSprites_Icon.png]
[Image: UltimaExodus-UnusedSprites.png]