The VG Resource

Full Version: hot shawn x mozzy itt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I rarely animate so I end up having a shitload of trouble when I do animate so does anyone have any tips for a mediocre to awful animator?

heres my current preview of what i have so far
[Image: wellok2.gif][Image: runin.gif]

credit to mozzy for the original sprite

LATEST:
[Image: quickedit.gif]

[Image: FlowerProject.png]
Well I'm a good animator I isuggest looking at a tutorial at my wesite. It's on animating with fighter factory and another one on Adobe CS3 something. If you don't want to register I can give you some tips instead.
Yours look pretty good,they are smooth and flow together pretty well.
If you think its a little choppy,just add a few extra frames.
Good job so far (:
Having smooth animations is often really dependent on the ol' copy and paste method. However, if you're doing bigger sprites or more complicated animations, you may end up having no choice but to add more frames. You can use the original sprite as a springboard for your new frames.

I would also highly suggest using a program that has the onionskinning feature, such as Jasc Animation Shop 3(easily piratable, quick to learn, excellent timing) and Graphics Gale(most popular, i'd be surprised if you're NOT using it by now). The onionskinning feature will help you out a TON, in fact it's probably the most useful feature in any animation program.
Hmm, you may want to make the hair wiggle around and flow a bit. That is, unless she's using some real potent hair gel.
(03-17-2009, 06:12 PM)Neslug Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, you may want to make the hair wiggle around and flow a bit. That is, unless she's using some real potent hair gel.
This is a very good point as well !
Changing small details like that will make your animations a lot smoother.
Ah, I shouldda pointed that out in the first post. I'm mainly trying to get the limbs to look good first and then the clothes and then I'll animate the hair. Right now, i'm looking for crits on the limbs and some tips on the skirt thing since i'm clueless with this.

and thanks so far, everyone. Smile
Sometimes Seperating the sprites in body parts will help like take out the legs and head hands make a head turning animation but it on leg animation put that on and arms moveing put that on. Well you get what im trying to say right.
(03-17-2009, 05:46 PM)Prometheus Wrote: [ -> ]credit to mozzy for the original sprite

Liar I thought you made that yourself.
We made it together actually. It's mostly his though, I used his design and stuff.
my design, mozzys sprite, my animation.

thats why its called a collab!
the head needs to bob a little and just make a slight bit of movement in the skirt(?)
Just use Graphicsgale. It makes animating first easier than sheeting it.
[Image: wellok2.gif]
VVV
[Image: Lolirunv2.gif]
Very messy, I didn't even bother cleaning up, but you get the basic idea.
I'm very unused to 6 frame running anims.
Pages: 1 2 3 4