The VG Resource

Full Version: Sprite Duel forum or something for competition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seriously where's the competition in this place? No one participates in sprite compos because the topics are either not that great or everyone gets lazy due to the time limits. I think we should have a sprite duel forum or something so 2(or more) people can go at it at their own time and their own subjects.

I see people are actually spriting again so it could be effective..PT used to have one, and the only reason why that went dud is because people had stopped spriting at the time. Also this is a way for new spriters to have some competition and get better. Just give it a thought. I already got supporters on this.
just to support the idea. people often improve at things when they have to outdo another one. sports teams practice harder when they have a game coming up and like that, spriters will improve faster if they need to outdo another one.

also this place is fucking dull and i wanna murk some niggas like jarona and tyvon and decks
I was just thinking about this the other day. I FULLY support this.

I wunna 0wn sum newbs!111 laughlaughlaugh
+support

I like challenges. They DO improve you.
Supportin' n' stuff
Supporting this

Back on PT it did help me improve a bit (plus it's sometimes nice having some sort of direction, and not just making it up as you go along)
I'll make one soon enough - my only concern is that people never actually used it back in the day.
I'll support, I would enter.
do it do it do it!!!
bring back sprite duels!!!
This shouldn't be here.
There should be a section for it and everyone goes and competes in different categories like for example there could be a pokemon competition and a Jus competition.
This way if a user doesn't like they cold go to another one.
Maybe even have a little trophy or something to show they've won.
Maybe below the rep they could have say something like this.
Achievements:
Pokemon Competition- Gold.

or something like that.
I hope you like it.
Good idea. I want duels to be done as followed:
We have a list of contenders and topics. 2-4 contenders are randomly chosen, as is the subject. Contenders have a week to finish. Contenders who fail to do so have a... I can't find the word- a thing which makes them have to do something or makes them inable to something. The contender who wins has a prize.
I think the word is ineligible.If we do that then people will have to win or else they wont be able to do something.Which make s it a bit less fun.
Stop making compos, thats not what this topic is meant to promote.
I don't think you two understand.
What we want is a board where we can setup our own competitions to continue to grow ones skills. Where we set our own limitations. What you guys are talking about is.. jsut more tSR compos.
When I sai d all of this:

This shouldn't be here.
There should be a section for it and everyone goes and competes in different categories like for example there could be a pokemon competition and a Jus competition.
This way if a user doesn't like they cold go to another one.
Maybe even have a little trophy or something to show they've won.
Maybe below the rep they could have say something like this.
Achievements:
Pokemon Competition- Gold.

or something like that.
I hope you like it.

I meant that people could set there won competitions with there own rules and there own everything.
I think this is a good idea but you tell me guys.
... what? But anyway, I support this.
Pages: 1 2 3