The VG Resource

Full Version: Akedo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Finally finished portraits of the trio.
[Image: OdekaPortraitsTRIOCOMPLETE.png]

WIP punching animation
[Image: rolitopunch.gif]

And an unfinished (probably won't be) mockup of a village area.
[Image: fastt.png]

For the love of God, C+C please.
The village mockup is pretty beautiful I must say.
I'm going to give real C+C.
So here:
Tell me if I'm doing it right.
The amazing trio:
First guy:
Contrast is awesome.
Hair is well detailed and follows the head and falls with gravity.

Second guy:
Contrast is awesome.
You should change the background cause I really want to see how the hair looks.
Maybe a Magenta will work.

Third guy:
Contrast is awesome.
I like him but the only problem I can get from him is that the lines of the face(texture lines) don't look right to me it looks a bit puppety but maybe it's just me.
I have a question, In the bottom of the head is that a beard?
If it's a beard then it doesn't connect to the hair which should cause unless he shaves that part and leaves the bead hanging from the right side then don't bother fixing it.
If not then please make it less dark cause it gives the impression that is a beard.

The punching animation:
Fluent animation.
If your going to use that as a base I might as well say that it's going to look awesome.

Beautiful Village Area:
I completely loved it.
The only thing that I see wrong with it is that it needs a background.LOL
No but really it's plain awesome.
It's well put together
The tiles are completely awesome I can't seem to find where one starts and when it ends.

So how did I do?
The village is p. rad, but it needs more contrast, colors are just too bright and those flags/clothes hanging on that rope need sum AA
Wait that's true I was so concentrated on the other half that I didn't see the clothe rag.
I think that the contrast is good but you should fix it and let's see what it looks like.
All the good stuff goes unnoticed in the boards these days. :/

Good work! Finish that mockup. Now.
Yeah I think he needs to finish it.
I just love it.
It needs to be finished.
Am I giving good C+C?
Check the above post Thor^.
Mabelma, you're monitor probably has contrast issues because the girl's hair is charcoal gray and the background is perfect black. Its totally contrasting on mine.

Yes it's a beard.

And no, sorry, I'm not going to finish the mockup. I already regret showing this much already.
:/

Oh well, nice anyway.
Are you making a game Mozzy? I don't know what this is... But I sure as hell love it!
Oh then fix the beard.
Make it connect to the ear.
Do you by any chance know how I can fix my monitor problem?
(03-14-2009, 07:34 PM)koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Are you making a game Mozzy? I don't know what this is... But I sure as hell love it!
Yup. This is Odeka for those of you who couldn't figure it out from the title lol.

I have quite a bit done if I do say so myself. I just choose not to post a whole lot of it.

Connnect the beard to the ear? His ears are covered by the wood, but why would his beard touch his ear anyway? Besides is it totally impossible that he can trim his beard every once in a while?

And no I can't help you.
@mabelma, whats with you and contrast??
on every sprite, you comment on the contrast,, do you even know what it is?
anyway, some of the C+C didn't make sense
for example, for the first guy:"Hair is well detailed and follows the head and falls with gravity"
.... your honor, there is a contradiction in that sentance, the hair isn't that detailed, and ofcourse it follows the head, what else is it supposed to follow?,, and it doesn't fall with gravity, or whatever you meant with that, some parts point UP, and gravity works DOWN =.= oh and please stop asking "How is my C+C",, people will automatically thank you if its good CC.

as for the pixels, Luv em =3,, altho the lump of wood leaning on the second house doesn't fit in .. hmmm
I don't know nairenu if you could read before you posted then everything would be better.
Mozzy wrote:
Mabelma, you're monitor probably has contrast issues because the girl's hair is charcoal gray and the background is perfect black. Its totally contrasting on mine.

Yes it's a beard.

And no, sorry, I'm not going to finish the mockup. I already regret showing this much already.

About the hair:
I think it's well detailed and that it follows gravity cause the hair style is going down not up like say super saiyan goku.
I really need to get my monitor fixed.

Mozzy I mean that you need to connect the beard with the right part that's showing.
Right now it looks like it's hanging.
Connect it to the hair that's showing.
Yeah Mabelma has weird C+C, and he always writes in weird list for some reason, makes him look snappy - kids these days....
I really like everything here, specially how the wood's guy's face has those little wood details to it. I don't see why in all smegness you would stop doing this, would atleast like to see a finished character or something.
Pages: 1 2 3