The VG Resource

Full Version: C+C, How to do it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since I'm one of the worst C+C givers I need your help to lead me through the path of true C+C.
Just post some things to keep in mind about giving C+C.
I hope you can help me out.
If you answer yes but, please say what I need to improve.
Same thing goes for no but.

Tips:
(03-14-2009, 11:52 AM)Emma Wrote: [ -> ]Constructive critisism.

Constructive being the key word. Don't just bash things. Point out what's wrong and how to fix/improve it.

(03-14-2009, 12:14 PM)Prometheus Wrote: [ -> ]First off, you're all idiots. C+C or C&C stands for COMMENTS and Criticism, not just criticism. Before giving any criticism, know what the hell you're talking about. Before criticizing a character or a style, LOOK IT UP! Maybe the characters hair was always that way, maybe the style already looked like shit. From my own experiences, pointing out flaws never helped too much anyway, editing the sprite in question to show how to fix it is the best way to make it better. You're not necessarily fixing it for them, you're just giving the person an idea of what to do, they'll still have to fix it themselves.

I also wrote a bunch about criticism over at MFGG as well. If you're up for reading it, I'll post the link.
http://mfgg.taloncrossing.com/index.php?...30185&st=0

(03-14-2009, 11:52 AM)Seth Wrote: [ -> ]Always say where and how the problems are, never say "there's a lot of mess" but say: "the arm looks pretty plain, and the colors are really contrasted and may need AntiAlias, etc"

(03-14-2009, 12:27 PM)Lemon Wrote: [ -> ]You need to actually look at the sprite. Using a lot of initals and big words just to sound like you know what'd going on is just horse shite.

(03-14-2009, 12:41 PM)Thor Wrote: [ -> ]Shawn is exactly right about C+C.

I find edits to be more helpful than saying "hey, arm looks off," or something like that. Give the person a good idea of what you mean rather than being stupid.

(03-14-2009, 01:37 PM)gorsal Wrote: [ -> ]Now, I think that to give good criticisms, you shouldn't just "check" the sprite. Take your time, printscreen it, paste it in Paint, zoom it. This way, you may find something that you couldn't see if it wasn't zoomed. Basically, I agree with everyone else: editing out the problems can help a lot, principally if you can't write well. But there are lazy people that think you're making sprites for them, so I just edit when I can't write out the problems.
Constructive critisism.

Constructive being the key word. Don't just bash things. Point out what's wrong and how to fix/improve it.
Always say where and how the problems are, never say "there's a lot of mess" but say: "the arm looks pretty plain, and the colors are really contrasted and may need AntiAlias, etc"
Oh ok nice thanks.
I'll post those thing up if you don't mind guys.
First off, you're all idiots. C+C or C&C stands for COMMENTS and Criticism, not just criticism. Before giving any criticism, know what the hell you're talking about. Before criticizing a character or a style, LOOK IT UP! Maybe the characters hair was always that way, maybe the style already looked like shit. From my own experiences, pointing out flaws never helped too much anyway, editing the sprite in question to show how to fix it is the best way to make it better. You're not necessarily fixing it for them, you're just giving the person an idea of what to do, they'll still have to fix it themselves.

I also wrote a bunch about criticism over at MFGG as well. If you're up for reading it, I'll post the link.
http://mfgg.taloncrossing.com/index.php?...30185&st=0
Thanks you idiot now edit your post cause I won't put nothing with swears on the first post and make a more friendly post about C+C cause all I just read was stuff about people not taking C+C so if there's something important in there post it apart from everything here.
You need to actually look at the sprite. Using a lot of initals and big words just to sound like you know what'd going on is just horse shite.
(03-14-2009, 12:24 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks you idiot now edit your post cause I won't put nothing with swears on the first post and make a more friendly post about C+C

I WOULD FUCKING MURDER YOU IF I COULD
Falcon REPORT!!!!
Come and get me Shawn!
Thanks Lemon I'll put it up.
@ seth

The report system isn't your personal "whine" button, it's used to inform the mods of people ACTUALLY breaking the rules.
I have thanked every good tips and it's true what Kaikimi says Seth.
He Kaikimi could you post something regarding this thread?
Shawn is exactly right about C+C.

I find edits to be more helpful than saying "hey, arm looks off," or something like that. Give the person a good idea of what you mean rather than being stupid.
Thanks Thor I posted your post up there.
You should throw Shawn/Prometheus's post up there because it goes along with mine...his is just more detailed. His MFGG topic link is good, too.
Pages: 1 2