The VG Resource

Full Version: 100% Custom Giga bowser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey , im new here and this is my first 100% custom sprite sheet .
but i already have some experience at spriting for games (fan games like SSB Rumble)

so here's the sheet:
[Image: gigaaaaa.gif]

soo , tell me what you think Cute
The lines inside the arms and legs are too thick. Otherwise it's good, please try to finish it so people have at least one Giga Bowser to use in their fangames and stuff.
I'm sorry, but this looks traced and pillow-shaded Sad
@Neslug : is it any better now ?(i edited the first post)
and BtW it was already finished

@chris2balls : Waddya mean by "pillow shaded"?
The legs look better, just finish "unpillowing" the legs and the arms and it should look a lot more professional.
Pillowshaded is when you uniformly put layer upon layer of colour (starting from the center of the sprite). Actually here it's banded, which is just as bad (and as the name implies, you've uniformly applied band upon band of colour).
Pillow shading has no light source. It is just shaded from the center of the sprite,
BTW! guess who this is!
Wait is this Mana?
Anyways Range it's awesome but shade using a light source instead of pillowshading.
Bad shading ruins what could have been a good piece.
(03-13-2009, 12:31 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]Pillowshaded is when you uniformly put layer upon layer of colour (starting from the center of the sprite). Actually here it's banded, which is just as bad (and as the name implies, you've uniformly applied band upon band of colour).
that's not what banding is. this is pillow shaded.
Incredibly traced Sad
You traced my old Giga Bowser sheet and are trying to pass it off as your own?
As they said, the lineart is very good , but the sading... ugh. Remove the colours, and then shade based on a lightsource. a tip: lightsources usually have colours themselves. and shadows are less saturated overall.
Good job on that %100 stolen sprite. Well actually, more around 50%, you did make the shading worst.
(03-13-2009, 06:12 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ]You traced my old Giga Bowser sheet and are trying to pass it off as your own?

Where is your Giga Bowser sprite? I wanna compare them.
Pages: 1 2