The VG Resource

Full Version: Do you sprite with a Tablet or a Mouse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to know, I have a tablet but I prefer mouse. I use my Tablet for illustration only.
i tried a tablet for pixellan once

hated it
Prefer a mouse never use tablet before.
I sprite with my mouse but I sometimes sprite with my ds and then I color it on my computer.
I sometimes use my tablet for linearts or the shape of bigger pixelarts but I always clean it up with the mouse after.
(03-12-2009, 04:31 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]I sprite with my mouse but I sometimes sprite with my ds and then I color it on my computer.

Hmm..

I use both, it kind of depends on the type of pixel art for me.
I want a tablet for some of the larger pixelarts I do to reduce time. But other than that I'm fine with my mouse.
Yeah didn't you guys know you could sprite with your ds?
It's a homebrew though.
I won't go into more details.
Is a tablet worth buying?
(03-12-2009, 04:43 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah didn't you guys know you could sprite with your ds?
It's a homebrew though.
I won't go into more details.
Is a tablet worth buying?

I'm not surprised about the DS. And a tablet is worth getting if you can draw or at least be good enough that you can manage a tablet and get better with it.
I use my tablet for concept drawings on photoshop, and I use it to make wireframes and linearts for medium-to-large sized sprites. Smaller sprites, I usually stick with my mouse, and I do all shading and cleaning with my mouse.
Thanks Anubis I see that I won't buy a tablet for now since I'm a bad drawer.
I'll improve first.
I suggest you do big line art with the tablet and small sprites with the mouse.
I used my tablet a few times, to add details to a Pixel Art. But I got lazy and never colored it.
I just use a mouse. Don't even have a tablet.
I would rather have a tablet laptop. At least you can see where you're laying you pixels directly on the screen.
I have a Tablet notebook. it is amazzingly wonderful. though now mom have taken it from me. (lol)
Pages: 1 2