The VG Resource

Full Version: KoA is kinda decent with pixels, yea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I feel as though I've acclimated myself to these forums enough to be confident in posting my own personal pixel gallery.

My general focus in the past was most dealing with Megaman EXE and Pokemon styled sprites. In fact, Pokemon D/P style is probably the one I've become most acclimated being that I've done it the most recently.

First is my Navi, Railman.EXE. I originally designed him as Chargeman in Navi form, but then EXE6 came out with a horrid version of him instead so I redesigned him and made this:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/k...Update.png

My first sprite ever. This is a virus named Turtispear. Hah look at it be silly:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/k...isheet.png

Second sprite. A virus named WizIce:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/k...evirus.gif

A virus based off of the Bomb-Ombs:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/k...bSheet.gif

This is a Rosey virus. Was made for a project that never got off the ground, so to speak:
[Image: Rosy.png]

One of my last EXE sprites I ever made. These virus sets are named Skulleton. There's some thick Castlevania influence with these guys:
[Image: Skulleton1.png]
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/k...leton2.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/k...leton3.png

My last EXE sprites. These are the Bandit viruses and one of my personal favorites:
[Image: Ninja_Rogue.png]
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/k...Bandit.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/k...sassin.png

Well the most recent trend for the last year was pokemon sprites for me. I'm an avid member of smogon.com's Create-A-Pokemon project and I've been contributing sprites to all of the CaP projects. In fact, two of my sprites have went on to become the winning ones. Smile

The very first CaP was Syclant, and Ice/Bug sweeper. The design chosen was another user's but my sprite proved to be the winner. Smile
[Image: IceParty_sp.gif][Image: buganim_slower.gif]
Complete sheet here:
[Image: IceBugsheet_finalsprites4.png]

The next CaP was a Ghost/Fight type. My design was chosen and so was my sprite. Smile
[Image: Revfrontsprite_male.png]
Complete sheet:
[Image: Revenankh_sp.png]

CaP 3 was a bit of an upset for me, as neither my design nor my sprites won. But still, I made some nifty sprites for it:
[Image: gilamanfront_male-2.png][Image: gilamanfront_male_shiny-2.png]

Now I missed CaPs 4 and 5 because I had to attend to life, but I was back for CaP 6. Once again, me sprites lost.
[Image: malepose_normal.png][Image: nwshiny.png]

My sprites for CaP 7, a Ghost/Steel type designed to be a scout. I personally didn't like the design chosen, but I tried my best to make a decent sprite for it. Mine did not win. Sad

[Image: kitsunoh-male.png][Image: kitsunoh-female.png][Image: kitsunoh-maleshiny.png][Image: kitsunoh-femaleshiny.png]
[Image: kitsunohback-male.png][Image: rekamiback-female.png][Image: kitsunohback-maleshiny.png][Image: kitsunohback-femaleshiny.png]

These sprites don't really belong in any category and are kinda random:

Big batch of pokemon eggs:
[Image: eggsall.png]

Eregion R: A Giant boss in a Megaman X fangame I put on hold:
[Image: framer.png]

Crunch Piranha: Another boss from the same game:
[Image: Cp_final.png][Image: Crunch_Piranha_sprite1.png]

Well tis all for the moment. I'm currently training myself to become better at the pokemon style in general and perhaps work on my posing.

I'm also looking to get into large character art/portraits.

Yeah, a spriter's job is never complete.
Nice.
You got some sweet stuff but I didn't like the third skull.
It's too dark I know it's soppuse to be black but it still needs shading.
The pokemon egss are really coo.I can tell from the second sprite you made that you,re a natural spriter.
Woo! Very nice.

Although those Pokemon don't look very Pokemon-like. But that's OK.
That´s exactly why i lovedd them. i hate pokemon. by the time of the GBC/ First season, it was nice. but they 'encrapped" it.
That Ice bug thing is great. It's a much better pokemon design than most of the new D/P ones.
The Ice/Bug and the Fighting/Ghost type ones are both great, in my opinion, because you followed the style really well. On the other ones, you gave them consistent black outlines, when the real things have sel-out (not to mention the other ones simply aren't as well sprited- maybe it was the design, who knows).

Most of you're other stuff looks good, as well.
(03-11-2009, 01:23 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]The Ice/Bug and the Fighting/Ghost type ones are both great, in my opinion, because you followed the style really well. On the other ones, you gave them consistent black outlines, when the real things have sel-out (not to mention the other ones simply aren't as well sprited- maybe it was the design, who knows).

Most of you're other stuff looks good, as well.

Yeah I think the neat thing to point out is that right after Revenankh (THe Mummy pokemon) my spriting activity cut down immensely. I didn't think it was too big a deal at first, but you can clearly see the decrease in quality from the following three sprites.

In fact, they were all sprited about 3 months from each other, with no other spriting going on between that time frame.

So for CaP 8, I'm looking to improve myself both artwise and spritewise so I will be a front-contender again. The fact that I was trying to match the quality of Syclant and Revenankh, sprites I made over a year ago, really shows how much I let myself slip...

Hopefully I'll have some more work available before too long.
Pixel art God! Good stuff you got here.
(03-11-2009, 10:50 AM)Tyvonnosaurus Rex Wrote: [ -> ]That Ice bug thing is great. It's a much better pokemon design than most of the new D/P ones.

Hm. I don't know. They're too busy. The Ice type is overly complex. That's one of the reasons I wasn't fond of the D/P Pokemon designs like you said. D/P had poor designs because a lot of them were over the top or seemed like they were trying to hard.

Pokemon should be simple enough to be recognisable.

Aside from that. The spriting style is top notch. Better than what I can do.
I wholeheartedly agree. Compare the most complex pokemon from the old days and compare it with today's:

[Image: supersmashbroscharacters_24.jpg][Image: giratina.png]

Wut? As much as I think Giratina's awesome, it looks like something from a different series. :/
Hello, I'm back from obscurity with a new set of sprites. This is for Smogon's CaP8. It's an Electric/Dragon type who is meant to be relatively bulky. The design was not my own, but these sure as hell are. Smile

[Image: thundramale.png][Image: thundrafemale.png][Image: thundraback.png][Image: thundraback.png]
[Image: thundramale_shiny.png][Image: thundrafemale_shiny.png][Image: thundraback_shiny.png][Image: thundraback_shiny.png]

Complete sheet for convenience

I believe it to be my best in recent months.
That looks great! I don't see anything about them that you can really improve.
Eh, something irked me slightly about the palette, so I made the heads in the normal frames more yellow and increased the glow color a bit in the shiny sprites:

[Image: Thundra_sheetcopy.png]

Consider this my final tinkering of this sprite.
wow... i assume this is all custom from scratch, right? for being a relatively hidden talent in the spriting community, your work is excellent
Yeah, Eregion R is the only edit though, but it was made a few years back and I was gonna redesign him anyway from scratch. :>

I kinda "cheat" when I make most of my scratches by drawing out the sprite beforehand and then scanning it into the computer. But I've no shame in this technique as the end result is still a custom sprite made form scratch. This technique still requires heavy editing and skill. x)

Also looks like I finally got some practice pixelling large portrait sprites. I'm almost finished with one and it should be done within a couple days.
Pages: 1 2