The VG Resource

Full Version: Cartoon Rat sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, i'm new here. I have a small request for a simple cartoon rat sprite. I'm a programmer, trying to create a classic platforming title. The main character's name is Ricky(The Rat Smile ). It's gunna be a classic jump n' run game. I've started to get the game mechanics going already but i'm defiantly lacking any sort of good gfx Sad
The concept for the Rat is as follows: A long curvy pink tail, no whiskers & he has legs & arms. So it's kinda a half rat/human really.
If anyone is interested in helping it would be grateful. Big Grin.
Hey I made this for another game but since the dude ain't using it I can give it too you.
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234...Rat3-1.png
Thanks, though have u got any walking sprites for the rat or just that?
Just that.
But if you want me to make the running sprites tell me how they are soppuse to look like and I'll make it if I can.
I've never done a complete sheet of anything but I'll do it for you, if you want.
Is that what yo wanted?
Well, if it's no trouble.
My design ideas are: a pink curvy tail, no whiskers & tbh i don't like the claws i'd prefer a more normal hand shape. He's defiantly furry & i think brown would be nice but i'm not 100% bothered about colour. I think having his ears pink aswell would corresponded with the tail? Could you maybe add a white vest with the letter R on it?
Last thing, the main concept is that the rat is badass! Maybe adding a shrug in his shoulders as he walks?
Woah to much sorry.
You should ask some one else to edit it.
Do by any chance do you have a drawing of what you want?
Unfortunately i don't Sad.
You should prepare one so I can have a better idea of what they look like and then I may sprite it for you.
Ok Smile. I shall, though i'm not a good drawer at all.
It doesn't matter as long as I get the idea of what it is and is soppuse to look like.
I've nearly finished a little mock-up. TBH i think it does look gd Smile. In your hands it should look even better Smile
Well where is it?
I'll make it for you awesome.
Don't worry.
Did you make the drawing?
Mabelma isn't particularly the best of spriters here, maybe you should try doing it yourself so it's fully your game?
Yeah Goemar it's right I'm not the best.
I'll help you out but you should make sprites yourself like Goemar said.-
(03-12-2009, 03:53 PM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]Mabelma isn't particularly the best of spriters here, maybe you should try doing it yourself so it's fully your game?

He's better than me Big Grin. Though making them myself would take alot of time out of me doing/adding things to the game.
I'm just finishing it up Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4