The VG Resource

Full Version: Indie Brawl - latest version 3/9/09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-Indie Brawl: Design Doc and Latest Build- New Version 3/5/09
-Indie Brawl board in TIGSource forums
-Download latest build (3/9/09 - Indie Brawl 0.13)

You people may, or may not, know about this game...and since there is no thread for it already (or the search bar completely failed me), I'm making it.

Indie Brawl is a game based on Super Smash Bros., but instead of featuring that Nintendo (and 3rd party) faggotry, it features characters from well known Indie games.

So far, the game is still in beta and the characters in the beta are, mostly, not even finished. That doesn't mean that you can't get an idea of what this game is gonna be, tho.

The sprite style is plainly amazing and kinda cute. I love the style of the sprites.

The music is another important (for me) part of the games, and this game has mind blowing music.

The gameplay is pretty good for a game which is still in such a early beta.

The roster is also looking great so far. It's gonna include the Spelunker from Spelunky, so I'm VERY happy with the roster so far. Spelunky is my favorite indie game...

So, I'm just gonna sit here waiting for this game to be finished, trying not to miss any little bit of information.
'Tis a shame Quote had to be taken out.
Quote was taken out? =/
Yeah, Pixel denied him because he's working with Nintendo now.
Seems like pixels getting a bit larger than life. But yeah this project rocks.
I don't think Pixel said anything about it. It was Tyrone. He was probably just scared.
Well wait, I don't understand, people make fangames all the time. If they're not getting any sort of profit from making the game, what's the problem?
Because they're trying to make this 100% legal, which fangames aren't unless they get permission, which nobody does. Plus seeing as its a forum project that would mean that if someone infringed on wanted they could probably get the forum shut down for illegal activity.
Seems like there was lil update today, even tho the official topic title doesn't say it, the download link now links to version 0.13

Download latest build (3/9/09 - Indie Brawl 0.13)

Changes:

Soulliard @ TIGSource forums Wrote:I uploaded a new version. It's nothing too exciting; I just changed the stage and Iji in response to feedback.

I reduced the number of bombs and eliminated shrapnel from the stage. I also changed the bomb blocks on the left and right so that they affect their own side, rather than the far side.

Many of Iji's moves have been adjusted (especially the Velocithor). Probably the biggest change is her neutral A- I changed it from the CFIS to the Splintergun, at least for now. I actually think this works a bit better- Iji had better melee attacks than the CFIS, and she needed a more reliable long ranged attack than the Velocithor. Iji is still probably pretty unbalanced, so I look forward to hearing any playtest reports.