The VG Resource

Full Version: Final Fantasy Styled Characters, not too horrible... Check em'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heree: C&C Would be loved!
[Image: Cloudff1.png]
More to come...
Currently on: Aerith.
luv the sword, you should put more contrast between the hair and the skin tho, it blends together.
(03-08-2009, 07:54 AM)nairenu Wrote: [ -> ]luv the sword, you should put more contrast between the hair and the skin tho, it blends together.
See the only part about changing the palette is that I'm using the actual palette from the game.
Oh,... then put some black in between? Tongue
OR change the hairĀ“s color to a darker yellow, and use skin as hair and the dark yellow as shades. many shades.
(03-08-2009, 04:49 AM)Lucas Olivarde Wrote: [ -> ]Heree: C&C Would be loved!
[Image: Cloudff1.png]
More to come...
Currently on: Aerith.

Like the Unique colors could use some shading not that bad I'm usually worse...
.... he cannot shade any more. because it is 8 BIT!!!!!!!!!!
My god! EVERYBODY says EVERITHING is 8 bit now.... Ouch!
Sorry, but... ugh. 8 bit only permits 4 colours. and in FF1,2&3... There was NO BLACK AT ALL. everything black was transparent. so they made the BG transp. too. so, 3 colours,+ lines and transparency in FF style. no more.
The lines there could just be there for people who are not going to use them on a black background.
I was just explaining why this time the sprites had 5 colours ^^
Not too shabby if you know what I mean ^^. But they coud do better. And JosephSeraph, some Nes Sprites had shading.
... of course!
But following those rules i said!
also, sometimes we can have up to 7 colours by layering sprites.But it is only possible to layer two sprites at a time.
so, a layered character would have a black bloch around him.
There is the NES palette colors. All those colors are on the system. For each sprite are 4 colors, including the transparency, but looks like you know that already.

[Image: nespalette.png]

Maybe changing the clothing color to the #13, then it's perfect
(03-08-2009, 02:54 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]There is the NES palette colors. All those colors are on the system. For each sprite are 4 colors, including the transparency, but looks like you know that already.

[Image: nespalette.png]

Maybe changing the clothing color to the #13, then it's perfect

I completely agree with you
However remember that some games do use overlapping sprites (such as Megaman) though, FF isn't one of those games.

I'd also like to point out that it's BPP not the actual 'bit-age' of the console that effects how many colours can be used - but that's just being overly technical.
Hi! Sience this is a topic about custom FF characters, I want to post my Tales style Rydia (from FFIV) on this topic. Made it with only paint Smile

No hijacking of threads please. If you want to show off your work, do it in your own thread. Attatchment removed.
~GrooveMan.exe
Pages: 1 2