The VG Resource

Full Version: Final fantasy X NES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wink after about 2 days of editing coloring writing thinking and adding weapons, i finally finished my final fantasy x NES sprites!
all of the playable characters are there in the order they're met!
here they are!

again please tell me how i could improve them and stuff thanks!
Did you want to make FF NES sprites to look like FFX characters or FFX characters in FF NES syle? Because these are basically recolors just a little edited.
(03-08-2009, 01:38 AM)Cesar Wrote: [ -> ]Did you want to make FF NES sprites to look like FFX characters or FFX characters in FF NES syle? Because these are basically recolors just a little edited.

well a bit of both, see i wanted to try to make a sprite sheet 8-bit style FFX people, but is there any way i can improve them so they don't just look like recolors?
Yes. Make custom sprites in the original style rather than editing the originals.
(03-08-2009, 02:24 AM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Make custom sprites in the original style rather than editing the originals.

like this? also note that this is my first ever custom sheet, also tell me how i could improve them pleaseSmile
The only tools in MSPaint you should be using for drawing are the Pencil tool and maybe the line tool. Don't use the ellipse or curve tools: They look terrible.

Let me ask you a question: How long did it take you to make that sheet? Just the sprites, not the tag.
(03-08-2009, 03:12 AM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]The only tools in MSPaint you should be using for drawing are the Pencil tool and maybe the line tool. Don't use the ellipse or curve tools: They look terrible.

Let me ask you a question: How long did it take you to make that sheet? Just the sprites, not the tag.

well it took less then 5 minutes for the tag so... 15 minutes, hehehehe
i should've spent more time on this Sad
Mm hmm. There's your first problem.
Spend some decent time to try and make something look good, then come back, and we'll help you make it better.
Those are simple recolors, not edits. They mostly don't even look like the character you want they to resemble. It's not hard to see, for example, Lulu is the red mage in drag.
Also if you're aiming for being close to the real thing, the palettes are wrong too.

The Cloud one is blocky. WAY too blocky.
also, you don't seem to understand the concept of 8-bit. 8-bit is, basically, 3 solid colors and one transparent color per 8x8 tile.
being one of the three colors, Black. BUT final fantasy characters in 8-bit style have no black at all: it´s transparent on a black background, wich means you can use 3 colors really.
BTW, wakka´s ball (no malice) have lines that won´t appear on black background. kimahri looks horrible, sorry.
and rikku for me is just a random monk.... manly monk, that is...
Cloud isn´t really in the FF style.... First, FF characters have a size limitation, second, they´re SOMEWHAT blocky...
I advice to keel in edits for a little while, but go for MASSiVE EDITS. Try doing the Overworld ones firsy Wink