The VG Resource

Full Version: Soldjermon's Castlevania submissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the reason why I submitted these here, is because I think that they're finished. if other people think that they're not, ask one of the moderators to move this thread to sprite discussion forum.

Symphony of the Night
[Image: doppelganger-warp-station-icon.png] [Image: nightmare-background-icon.png] [Image: waterfall-icon.png] [Image: SotN_axelord-armor-icon.png] [Image: debug-room-icon.png]

even though it can be easy to do, but I've noticed that the nightmare background wasn't assembled, so I assembled it. ;3
the doppelganger10's warp station. the reason why I did that, is because, there's no tile rips for the outer wall background.
another thing, the name of where doppelganger10 comes from, I'm not sure of what the name of it is, so that's is the name I gave it. if it's the wrong name, just tell me, and I'll rename it.
one last thing, the tiles of the 3D background from the nightmare background, I decided not to rip, because there's already tiles that were ripped.

this is all I have for now. maybe I'll rip more, when I get around to it.. like trying to rip the inverted castle, which could take days or weeks to do. XP

enjoy! Cute

- Soldjermon
Honestly, I don't know how you got that warp station effect, but it is awesome.

Probably should add the tileset to the sheet as well in case someone wants to build a level on the theme (and it has the 3d buildings' textures), but, otherwise, nice job. Smile
Castlevania rips are always awesome rips.

And I agree with Smithy, just for commodity sake.
(03-08-2009, 01:27 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I don't know how you got that warp station effect, but it is awesome.

Probably should add the tileset to the sheet as well in case someone wants to build a level on the theme (and it has the 3d buildings' textures), but, otherwise, nice job. Smile
hehe, with a little help of some cheat codes, to get rid of the walls, make Alucard invisible and get all relics; makes ripping distant backgrounds a snap! Big Grin
although, when I ripped the warp station effect, I had-to actually record the game with camtasia studio, while I was currently battling doppelganger10.
when I used the cheat codes during the battle, doppelganger10 fell and never came back up, since I can't fight him like that, so I had-to make a save state, just before I used the codes and went into battle. XP

as for the nightmare background, since you wanted me to add in the tileset for the 3D background anyway, I'll go and do that, but I don't know when I'll do that, since I'm going to be busy ripping more backgrounds, that I can.

wish there was a code, to make the health/heart/magic bar to go invisible though, so the backgrounds can be ripped even easier.. XP

- Soldjermon
an update for sprite ripping. this time, it's the waterfall.

[Image: waterfall-icon.png]

it was a pain in the butt, but I was finally able to get it.
I've only ripped two sequences of the waterfall, since trying to do the whole loop of the pallets on the waterfall was too much for me.

there was two reasons why I ripped the waterfall background..
#1: badbatman3's waterfall didn't look very well( no offense Unsure ).
#2: for my comic.

enjoy! Big Grin

- Soldjermon
Um, I already ripped that in the Underground Cavern Misc sheet on tsr with all of its palette shifting. :/

All you would need to do is make it semi-transparent over whatever background you need it on.
(03-14-2009, 12:30 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ]Um, I already ripped that in the Underground Cavern Misc sheet on tsr with all of its palette shifting. :/

All you would need to do is make it semi-transparent over whatever background you need it on.
yes, I know, but that's more a pain in the butt to do, because you've forgotten that there is some lighting, and the splashes of the water. ;P so I decided to rip them from in-game, not from tiles; like badbatman3 did.
trying to get the background from right behind the waterfall, is almost impossible to do, because I can't even find the tiles to match them on, because the waterfall isn't transparent enough.
besides, the lighting at the bottom of the waterfall had-to be redone anyway, because badbatman3's one didn't look as well as it should.

- Soldjermon
Nice! I think that the waterfall is kind of incomplete though, really. Since the waterfall has more than a 2-frame animation...
(03-16-2009, 03:22 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! I think that the waterfall is kind of incomplete though, really. Since the waterfall has more than a 2-frame animation...
yeah, I know. I didn't have time nor the patience to rip the whole animation of the waterfall, since I had other things to do than to stick with that. Ded
maybe, once I get enough time and patience to rip the rest of the animation of the waterfall again, then I'll do that. for now, I'd rather want to move on.

- Soldjermon
Hey sorry, normal animated backgrounds I can rip, but when it comes to the transparent ones, I suck at it. Rom hacking was never my thing.
(03-17-2009, 04:40 PM)Badbatman3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey sorry, normal animated backgrounds I can rip, but when it comes to the transparent ones, I suck at it. Rom hacking was never my thing.
it's not your fault. o.o I like your rips as well. Cute just wanted to help you get the waterfall lighting and the waterfall sequence correct, that's all. don't be ashamed, BBM3.

- Soldjermon
yay! another sprite ripping update! Big Grin this time, it's the Axelord Armor!
[Image: SotN_axelord-armor-icon.png]

and no, this isn't from Rondo of Blood, this is from SotN. different from the Rondo of Blood one, huh? yeah. but that's all of it, so it's complete. Cute

enjoy! X3

- Soldjermon
Great rip Smile
another background rip! Big Grin this time, it's the DEBUG ROOM!!! XD

SotN
[Image: debug-room-icon.png]

sorry it took me so long to rip anything else and post them up. I must have a hectic time schedule.. >.>;
by the way, the rip of the debug room is completely done. there's no more editing I need to do. X3

oh well. enjoy! Cute

- Soldjermon
That's one hell of a sheet to see - clever debugging, too.
Nice work! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2