The VG Resource

Full Version: Samus - Metroid Fusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, a few days ago I was wondering about the main site and stumbled upon the Metroid Fusion section; I had decided the day before to play it again, and it caught my interest.
I couldn't help but notice a lack of Samus sprites: There were weapons, bosses, and miscellaneous stuff, but no Samus.
'This must be fixed,' I thought to myself. And here we are.
[Image: Fusion_Samus_Sheet_Icon.png]
Suuuppppeerrbbb man.
Absolutely smashing. Magnificent job.
Wow, great job, man. Big Grin
Wow! Didn't think there was that many poses. Of course, I've never played the game.
Definitely wow. I've seen many MF Samus rips, but none of them had as many animation frames as yours. Excellent job.
Wonderful!
Awesome! But how'd you manage to capture Samus so cleanly? Usually when ripping Samus's main poses from Metroid Fusion, you'd have parts of Samus's Arm Cannon disappear when you try ripping with the background layers of VBA disabled.
(03-07-2009, 11:47 AM)Ngamer01 Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome! But how'd you manage to capture Samus so cleanly? Usually when ripping Samus's main poses from Metroid Fusion, you'd have parts of Samus's Arm Cannon disappear when you try ripping with the background layers of VBA disabled.

I'm guessing you mean that, after you disable layers 1-4, the background is black, so when you remove it, the black parts of her arm cannon disappear as well? That one wasn't too hard to fix: I looked in the palette viewer and found the background color's address (0x50000000) and value (0x0000, I think), and whipped up a quick Codebreaker code (thanks to the good folks over at the Enhacklopedia) to change the color from black to a gray I found in a different slot of the palette:
[Image: Black-to-Gray.png]
If anyone was curious, the code was 85000000 4210 - it should work with most GBA games you run into, but if it doesn't, you should be able to apply the same concept to figure out a correct code.

Thanks for the kudos on the sheet, guys.
Oh snaps, man. This is awesome. WAAAYYY too awesome.