The VG Resource

Full Version: Sol Braver: Tokyuu Shirei-Solbrain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first rip EVER, so I could use some advice.
This was ripped from an excellent NES action game, in America known as Shatterhand.
EDIT: I thought I might submit these, I never found these anywhere else.
Plus I added one recolored frame for power-up example
EDIT2: added icon for submission:
[Image: SolBravericon.png]
aww, I wanted to do that game. lol, too late I guess.

Looks good ^^

Are you going to rip all of the helper bots, enemies, and bosses? That would rock.

EDIT: You do seem to be missing the Power-Up flashing recolors, though...

EDIT 2: I may as well say this before any moderators do, but this should probably be under 'Other' rather than Nintendo, since it was developed by Angel Studios/Jaleco *shrugs*
I am currently working on helper bots and as for the power up, I'll just add one recolored frame as an example.
EDIT: Finished the helper bots. I could use some help in moving this thread to "Other" section.
EDIT2: Added icon for the drones.
[Image: Dronesicon.png]
It isn't necessary to call it by its japanese name unless that's the only name it goes by... unless you ARE japanese of course. Then it would make sense.
(03-10-2009, 07:39 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't necessary to call it by its japanese name unless that's the only name it goes by... unless you ARE japanese of course. Then it would make sense.
Sol Braver is the name of the character, while TSS is the name of the game (it's the only version I played, Shatterhand isn't the translation of the japanese original title. If you wanna find out the game's and series' full title, try google)
yeah, Shatterhand has nothing to do with Solbrain despite the fact that it is the same game.

Like, how Saiyuuki World 2: Tenjoukai no Majin became Whomp 'Em in the US. While they are the same game, they have fundamentally different characters and storyline.
(03-11-2009, 01:44 PM)Hylianfox Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, Shatterhand has nothing to do with Solbrain despite the fact that it is the same game.

Like, how Saiyuuki World 2: Tenjoukai no Majin became Whomp 'Em in the US. While they are the same game, they have fundamentally different characters and storyline.
Exactly. I also find Sol Braver much cooler (more than that dork in Shatterhand), that is why I ripped these. Also I never saw these anywhere on any other sprite archive sites, so I thought I might do it.
I'm currently working on some smaller enemies; if someone wants to do the bosses let me know.