The VG Resource

Full Version: Battletoads? Funny thing about that...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is somewhat dated news, but it doesn't seem like anyone posted on here or PT. I can try to summarize:

Awhile back, someone at 1up posted concept art by "Rare senior concept artist Ryan Firchau" of a Rare title that never came to be. A look at Firchau's site (now shut down, likely for legal reasons) revealed this game to be called Urchin. The name was listed on his site among other Unpublished Rare titles Firchau had some connection with. The other titles?

[Image: Unpublished_Rare_Titles.gif]

So apparently, at one point, there WAS planned to be a new Battletoads. Along with a sequel to Conker (*sad face*), and the Urchin game. Diddy Kong Pilot's there too, but it was already known that was canceled and retooled into Banjo-Pilot.

Firchau's DA, if you're interested.
Aww, there was going to be a Conker 2? Damn I would of loved to see that... :<
urchin sounded like an interesting game. love the concepts
a battletoads sequal whould'ave been sweet. have it violent like the arcade game. and i bet anyone wishes the games to be on XBLA.
tomster785 Wrote:Aww, there was going to be a Conker 2? Damn I would of loved to see that... :<

well,

there's Conker: Live and Reloaded

which is a remake, but it could be considered Conker 2

even if it's a bunch of furries, the game's p. fun online.
Oo... Rare is also developing Killer Instinct 3Very Sad Death, Destruction, And Doom. Big Grin
Err, I think that was assumed to be just a joke paper in Rare's building.

Seems like something they'd do really.