The VG Resource

Full Version: RPG Monster sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks!
New person here, and happy to be part of this awesome community. I've started making sprites over the course of last year and now would like to share them with some proffessionals and get opinions. I know they're not perfect but I'm doing my best, and any help is very much appreciated!

These first few are fairly simple, Final Fantasy style enemy sprites without any animation. Hope you like!
While the designs themselves are good, you might want to try smoothening the outlines in a few of them. Also, the shading makes it look like the lightsource is inconsistent at parts (such as Gulpasaur's upper lip having the lighter colour on the underside, while the lower lip has it on the top). Colours could be a bit paler, too, such as on the slime.
(03-02-2009, 04:04 AM)Neslug Wrote: [ -> ]While the designs themselves are good, you might want to try smoothening the outlines in a few of them. Also, the shading makes it look like the lightsource is inconsistent at parts (such as Gulpasaur's upper lip having the lighter colour on the underside, while the lower lip has it on the top). Colours could be a bit paler, too, such as on the slime.

Hm, noted. Thank you!