The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Alex Kidd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I was just a little boy, we owned a Sega Mastersystem, with a built-in game, Alex Kidd in Miracle World.
Way over a decade later I've downloaded that game for the Virtual Console. It's an okay game, but not a great game. I only bought it for the nostalgic value.

Alex being part of my gaming past, he means as much to me as Sonic and Mario. When I saw his latest designs for Superstar Tennis and Enchanted Castle, I was horrified. How can an awesome character like Alex look so... anti-awesome?

Hence the fact I made this!

[Image: customalexkidd2.gif]
[Image: customalexkiddicon.gif]

I put quite a few hours into this.
Maybe AA the inner outline of his hair slightly?
The reds are barely visible, I thought there was only one colour at first Shy
If your going to submit, take the custom off the icon.

I like it, but the outlines a bit weird. Try to use less black inside the sprite, and use a solid black outline.
Ooh, nice to know that there's people who still knows him. Alex Kidd is indeed awesome.

The sprite feels kinda strange... maybe it's his head... It looks unusually wide.
He looks more like a monkey. I think it's the hair but you need to fix it.
AA'd the hair a little and added a climbing animation.

@Chdonga: Alex is supposed to look a little like a monkey. That's because of the big ears and sideburns, the way SEGA designed him.
I'll update the icon later.