The VG Resource

Full Version: star wars snowspeeder request/help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was scouring the internet, but to no avail, so I thought I could come here for some help.

I'm planning on making a fun little game based on the battle of hoth from Star Wars. What I'm actually looking for are some top-down star wars sprites, but more specifically a top down view of a snowspeeder.

Ripped sprites would be ok, but I don't know of any games that have a top down view. They are all 1st person or side view, that I know of... If anyone knows of a game that has this perspective, I wouldn't mind ripping them myself either.

Or if you have any recommendations for how I can make my own custom sprites, that would be helpful too. Like, where I can get some good reference material, etc. I can already use Photoshop very well.

Any kind of help is appreciated, thanks!
A given size of the desired sprite could come in handy.
(02-28-2009, 06:57 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]A given size of the desired sprite could come in handy.
Oh sorry,

64x64 is ok. That's like a standard size, right

This is something I threw together as I was thinking up ideas. I don't think the color is quite right, but I think it gives you an idea of what I'm looking for.
[Image: snowspeeder.png]

The hard part will be the animation of the pivot left and right turning. Like an animation from a top view to a side view. Which is why I was hoping there was a game already that had sprites like this, which could be ripped, because drawing it myself I think will be hard.
I'm doing it.
[Image: snowspeeder.png]
There you go. Smile
I don't know about the animations though... I'll find time.
(03-05-2009, 10:18 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ][Image: snowspeeder.png]
There you go. Smile
I don't know about the animations though... I'll find time.

Wow! Thanks! You're a pro! I can definitely use it!
You want animations? I'll try that during my next break if you want that.

(believe it or not I actually started doing the snowspeeder from your original sprite)
If you could do animations, that would be awesome! I need a rotation from a top to a side view. One way is fine, cause I'll just mirror it in the game. I'll take as many frames as you are willing to do! Thanks!