The VG Resource

Full Version: NGC - Onett
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is the version I did back at Pixeltendo, which should be somewhere on the website. I just thought I'd post it here for people who hasn't seen it, and/or if anyone cares to finish up the flaws, such as the background, and making the cars. (If you do, I'd like to get credit for the original version)

[Image: 66kow3.png]
Ok, I can honestly say that I'm not good with making backgrounds. but what I think this sheet needs are seperate layers for the front (the street, and the main level), the city in the background, and the mountains...

thay way, it would be possible to create some sort of dynamic feel in game...

Like in fighting games...
TBH, it looks more or less fine; but the hills in the background need to be reshaded. Too much contrast, and doesn't really feel like rock.
Agreed. I really like the buildings.
The minor things in the background bug me. The cave looks to big and pointy, and the door doesn't really look like a door.
I think you should get rid of the black borders and think of the way of detaching foreground from background, maybe in terms of colour (paler background to foreground, etc).
The sprites would HELLA clash with this background... It's easier to tell what's better and what isn't by putting a sprite on it and notice how bad it looks together.
I'd just want to make it clear that I am NOT working on this anymore, and I am not intending to start to do it. That' why I posted it here so that if someone wishes to fix the flaws (which have been stated) feel free to try it.
Ah, sorry, you did state that. ___ / \
However, for whoever works on this, the perspective needs to be |__| rather than /__\, like in the N64 Pokémon level on this sub-forum. So everything will need to be flattened Sad
(02-27-2009, 05:08 PM)rukifellth Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I can honestly say that I'm not good with making backgrounds. but what I think this sheet needs are seperate layers for the front (the street, and the main level), the city in the background, and the mountains...

thay way, it would be possible to create some sort of dynamic feel in game...

Like in fighting games...

Supporting this.
(02-28-2009, 03:37 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: [ -> ]I think perspective works as long as it isn't a uniform perspective like at the top. The onett stage is an example of what the perspective should be like.

(03-04-2009, 04:51 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, sorry, you did state that. ___ / \
However, for whoever works on this, the perspective needs to be |__| rather than /__\, like in the N64 Pokémon level on this sub-forum. So everything will need to be flattened Sad

You guys really need to start deciding things clearer, maybe make a topic to discuss things like that, cuz' as it is now, I am not surprised why people are confused.

Edit: Also, I believe when I did work on this, whenever it was on PT, I believe there was no problem what so ever with the perspective, but maybe things have changed, what do I know. RB - Out.
I changed my mind because Pik (I believe, I'll need to check) said that it would be preferable having a "flat" perspective ( |_| ). So I think it should be like that, just that whoever does do this does it the "right" way.
[Image: onettsmall.tif]

?
Aha Smile
I think the house on the left is about a Mario/half a Mario taller, the other one too.
Done.
[Image: onett5.tif]
[Image: w571.png]
Would anyone like to help me finish?
Pages: 1 2