The VG Resource

Full Version: Paper Kirby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I decided to try to make Kirby. He isn't done and I need better colors. Here he is so far.
[Image: PaperKirby.png]
Should he be a bit bigger? And have a little bigger mouth?
Tiny, out of style, circle tool, very unfinished, bad colors, no shading, no anti-aliasing, etc.
I started with him bigger, but I thought it was to big. In the Kirby games Kirby's mouth is usually just one pixel. How is it out of style? I won't use the circle tool. I said I had bad colors. Does PM even have anti-aliasing? PM style doesn't have much shading.
why don't you try looking at paper mario sprites when copying the style
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintend...eco3hp.png

Yes it is anti-aliased, yes there is shading, though minimal.
Kirby should be at least the size of the existing small round characters like Bombette or Bow.
believe it or not paper mario is mostly shading
make him bigger, and his mouth is fine imo
Where is the light source supposed to be?
Kirby's mouth is one pixel in most games becuase the sprite is so small. For something like this, you can make it a little bigger.
looks cuteTongue
You know guys, I need to know where the light source is to do any more work on it.
The Irish Q Wrote:You know guys, I need to know where the light source is to do any more work on it.

bottom

left

right

top right

top left

bottom right

bottom left

MAN ITS SO HARD TO CHOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There isn't a specific light source for this style?
Maybe you could figure it out if you followed my first piece of advice.
Zeph Wrote:Tiny
In reality*, Kirby is actually about eight inches tall. They just blow him up for things like Smash Bros & such, much like they do Sonic & others. I think it was in one of the booklets or something that I read this.

*As if games were reality. Idk what else to call it.
He's 8 inches tall. Official. They just make him bigger so he's more... not tiny.

Makes you wonder if Nightmare and the other bad guys are really that threatening.
Pages: 1 2