The VG Resource

Full Version: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I started ripping mugshots from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) for a forum I co-own to create it's own sprite archives due to Fire Emblem Planet's instability with the server lately, so I figured I'd upload them here. The sheets say 'Ripped by Miyaki', but I assure you that I AM Miyaki. Here's proof, scroll to the bottom of my post and it says I'm submitting them here.

That aside, I'm gonna get started with adding these. I'll edit this post as I make the icons and rip sheets.

Allies:
[Image: youngmarth.png] [Image: abel.png] [Image: cain.png] [Image: draug.png] [Image: elice.png] [Image: frey.png] [Image: gordin.png] [Image: jagen.png]

Enemies:
[Image: captain.png] [Image: jiol.png]

NPCs:
[Image: malledus.png] [Image: soldier.png]
Nice!
First post is completely up to date for now. My next post will be where I put the next slew of updates.
great job! also will rip the battle´s sprites?
Wow, these are great quality. Good job!
(03-03-2009, 06:28 AM)Frikilangelo Wrote: [ -> ]great job! also will rip the battle´s sprites?

Well, Shadow Dragon actually uses pseudo-models as opposed to actual sprites for the battle animations, but with my emulator's frame step feature I could easily rip them, yes. So I might, I also might not, it depends if I'm preoccupied or not. Lately I have been, hence the lack of updates so far. >_>

EDIT: I just realized, Shadow Dragon doesn't have an icon for it. Would you like me to make one, or..?
That would be excellent, thank you! Big Grin
Alright, I'll get that done up tomorrow some time, probably when I get back from the dentist's. I'll probably only be getting up about an hour before I have to go anyways, and I figure I'll be needing to grab a couple extra things from the game to make the icon to make it like I'm seeing it in my head.
*drools*

I really need to get this game. Excellent job so far! ^^
Honestly, you'd be much better off getting the original FE1 or getting FE3 (so you also have Book 2, as well as improved mechanics in Book 1), Shadow Dragon adds nothing new to the mix, really. It's just an overall graphical revamp with a shitty translation job and added prologue chapters on Normal Mode. I myself enjoyed it, but that's because I like replaying games, so it didn't bug me that I've beaten FE1 and FE3 so many times.

EDIT: [Image: shadowdragonsection.png]

There y'are. 8D
Well, I could always get a rom of those games. It's not like I don't already use an NES/FDS emulator for my ripping projects....

In fact, I think I will get those and then try Shadow Dragon(I too enjoy replaying games, be they in a newer format or not).
Looking at the G-FAQs boards gets me the same points you brought up here, that it really doesn't add anything new(in fact, it seems to take away... with the lack of Supports, among other things) and that they(the G-FAQers) prefer the old NES fan translation over the new official one...
The problem with the translation is that, that's all it is. Like, they didn't improve the dialogue in the least, which the first FE had almost none of, and the third had very little of. What it did have was boring, so overall it's just bland. The name translations suck hordes of ass as well, I mean fuck. Saji and Maji -> Bord and Cord. The fuck?

But yeah, there's the addition of "forging" weapons [you really just alter the stats, really good for Sheeda (Caeda) and Marth's PRF weapons (Wing Spear and Rapier respectively). There's also the reclass feature, but it's kind of pointless, really. Fun to mess with though.

But yeah, let's not load up this topic with talk of the game itself. xD
Names will always be a subject of translation debates... (like, Tinkle(J) or Tingle(E)? Sure, Tinkle is a euphemism for urination, but it makes more sense alongside Ankle and Knuckle. And it's not like "Tingle" is any less creepy...)

That sucks about the lack of good dialogue, that's one of the things I love most about FE (because I'm really not that good at strategy games, lol).

You're right though. I often get caught up in game discussion where it's off-topic, sorry Tongue
Well, but then there are games that focus more ON the dialogue than they do in gameplay. My mom (an avid classical gamer) saw me playing a bit of Super Paper Mario and commented something to the effect of "They talk a lot in this game. When are you going to kick some Koopa tail?"

As with any game, things must be in balance. Long enough to be entertaining, but short enough for effective replay value. Good, memorable dialogue with equally good and understandable action. Stuff like that.
Quote:[url=http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3429/abel.png][Image: abel.png]

oh abel ;__;

YOUR HEROIC SACRIFICE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN
Pages: 1 2