The VG Resource

Full Version: ELECTRO VANITY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: lectro.png]
Here it is, I plan to use it as an avatar. I tried to imitate brush/pen&ink/marker pen strokes, and will shade in a very basic style. I just want advice on how to shade it (the style) and on the lines.
Thanks for looking and posting!
I'd check out Panda's stuff at PJ, he uses line weights very effectively! Looks cool so far, though.
Yep, I was thinking of him when doing that Wink
For now I'm shading it pseudo hi res 64. Dunno if you want to check it out:
[Image: lectro2.png]
Looks like an interesting shading style !
I'd love to see how the end turns out [:
It's pretty much finished.
Haha, definitely a creative piece. I like it.
I've got an update:

... I can't get over I did all this with the laptop touchpad.
Well use it as an avatar, foo'!

Looks good.
Could somebody give me tips on making good previews and show suggestions? I'm a real turd when it comes to that Sad
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/40454.htm?sec=date
That's what mine looks like. Pretty uninteresting, huh?
(02-23-2009, 03:14 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]I've got an update:

... I can't get over I did all this with the laptop touchpad.
Fucking beautiful.
Okay, I'm doing something a bit different:
[Image: lectro3.png]
Dex strongly suggested I finish the guy on the right and dump the guy on the left. I'd like to keep and finish both actually :p
So this is comic-book style, and it's all about creating colours with patterns of red, green and blue.
Advice and comments are more than welcome :B
Don't like them. Other ones you posted before are much better in my opinion, so hurry up and use the old one.
You're talking about the lineart.
Ok, I'll find patterns to create some yellow.
Err, No, I'm not talking about line art. I'm referring to the shading. I hate that comic book style~
Shit. For brains. (note to self)
I'll be thinking of other shading styles then. What can't you stand specifically about the style? I do realise that it has a pretty gimmicky aspect, and, to be honest, comic book prints aren't RGB Sad
Pages: 1 2