The VG Resource

Full Version: Styles Archive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was struggling with spriting in the Tales of Eternia style and I decided to do this thread.
The rules are simple, post a list of requirement a sprite must have to fit inside a certain style for example if I wanted to sprite in the Tales of Eternia stlye I would post something like this:

Tales of Eternia Style:
#1- The sprite must be 49 pixels tall of lower( taken from the kratos sprite).
#2- the shading must be the same one used in sprites of the game.

and so on.

I hope I didn't do nothing wrong and If I'm not allowed to do this please delete the topic and warn me if you have to.
Post some styles to help those new guys out.
I will add them to the list if they look something similar to the layout of the above example.
If I missed something tell me and I'll fix it.
Could some one tell me how to make a spoiler so I can keep this really organized.
Largely unnecessary, I'm afraid. Understanding of a style is really as simple as taking sprites from that style, and having the logic to deconstruct them as to what make is 'that style', average heights, shading, colour palettes, and so forth.

There are a few style guide images on tSR already, but they pretty much cover styles that are common, but often done incorrectly (M&LUnsureS being the best example).

On that note, there's a TOTW/TOE tutorial up already.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/resources/tut/totw/

So, uh, yeah. Locking this since it's not necessary.