The VG Resource

Full Version: so i went to chinatown yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah, I was with my girlfriend and I was hunting down a store that sold GBA flashcarts. No such luck in doing so; "oh - we onry sell original game" so don't bawww ok but during my adventures, at the end of Mott Street (which the gamestore was on) there was a real hole-in-the-wall place but it was the best hole in the wall I've ever been in. This place was ...oh god.
There was not a single racing game in sight - I was so happy. It also had every single fighter I'd possibly want - except Tatsunoko VS Capcom but that shit is expensive anyway. Anyway, some of the machines they had, ALL IN ONE ARCADE:

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
NEO-GEO set (with KOF '95, a Samurai Shodown and something else I forget)
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Capcom VS SNK 2
SNK VS Capcom Chaos
X-MEN VS Street Fighter
Marvel VS Capcom 2

and here's where shit gets awesome

Tekken 6
Blaze Blue
Melty Blood Actress Again
Street Fighter 4

They also had DDR Extreme and In The Groove 2 but that isn't very relevant because in an arcade full of fighters dance games can eat a dick, I could play those anywhere

my head nearly exploded upon seeing Actress Again. Surprisingly I didn't orgasm over SF4.
The only two games I played (I only had $50 and $20 bills on me - I borrowed $2 from my girlfriend) were SF4 and Melty Blood, uh

I know you guys are gonna get on my case if anything about SF
I chose Ken - and I am LOUSY with an arcade setup. I was pretty much rocking the cabinet back and forth trying to do shoryukens right.
I don't know if this is on purpose but I got up to like the second-to-last fight in Ken's fight-line - but I went head-to-head with this guy three times. He saved my ass from getting owned by the CPU at points. He used Ryu and Crimson Viper.
Both the people playing around me (the guy I fought, and this dude who sat down and played SF4 for the first time), were using Crimson Viper - and because I didn't have enough cash I couldn't just...you know, play through again with Crimson Viper. But according to them she sucked as a character lol.
Personally, I thought she was a damn good looking character - I don't mean her clothing, but in my opinion she looks like the Street Fighter version of Terry Bogard playwise -
I didn't study everyone's hands as they were playing, but she has one attack (QCF?) where she slams the ground and opponents around her are hit. The other special I saw was something like...oh god, I can't find a better way to put it - a Rasengan Tongue A ball of thundery goodness that I think was a HCF attack.

The power meter at the bottom of the screen confused the shit out of me. It had 4 or 5 segments, and building them up allowed you to do EX attacks (and it indicates when you can do them by saying "EX") There's also a little circular gauge denoting your ULTIMATE attack...which, I have no clue how to pull off - perhaps it's a Super because it's really quite cinematic, amazing, and when you pull it off with your opponent nearby they look quite defenseless (as if they can't block)

i was shitting myself as I fought Dhalsim lol

and yes i felt like a douche because my girlfriend was just standing behind me and watching the entire time (throughout SF4 and Melty Blood)
I tried to make it less boring by telling her who's who and nerdgasming during MBAA

but yeah
I also met two people who went to my uni totally on random there (who were there for Tekken 6) :/

And I wish I could go in depth on MB but my Japanese skill isn't good enough to figure out what's going on in the 15 seconds I had to pick my character ):
Though I picked Sion and played through her story, getting to her ending - feel free to ask about that though I just don't feel like doing it in this one big dickwag post lol.
And don't bother asking me about Blaze Blue because I had NO IDEA what was going on. I saw some kinda cat-mage character but I'll try to get down there again sometime next month.

I also went to Rockefeller to the Nintendo World Store which I'll talk about but uh same - I'll talk about it if you're like OH PLEASE TELL ME because this is the second time I was there and blah
they always give me cool free shit
chinatown Philadelphia?
fuck you i want to play SFIV
(02-15-2009, 07:29 PM)OSM Wrote: [ -> ]chinatown Philadelphia?
chinatown NEW YORK >:0
oh fuck

cuz I was about to say HEY I'VE BEEN THERE

also I'll be in NY in August maybe for a year or so

MAYBE I'LL SEE YOU THERE
dude
SERIOUSLY

yeah man go to that arcade
and
play shit they'll probably have moar games by then
Damn, you're lucky Very Sad
I thought this was just gonna be about how you got the latest GTA but this is way more awesome. Big Grin
I went to Nintendo world Store

it was cool

I might be going back to NY this summer, idk
I wish there were arcades where I live...
I remember there was an arcade near where I live, but it was shut down.

If it still were there I'd be there wasting my cash playing SF4.
(02-16-2009, 05:33 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]I went to Nintendo world Store

it was cool

I might be going back to NY this summer, idk

upstairs, the wii multigame demo stations

the wii multigame demo stations
I go to NY all the time, maybe ill stop by there sometime(if its possible fro me to even get to chinatown) plus i havent been to chinatown in like 9 years...I used to go there a lot, got some crazy stores down there too..

EDIT: It's called Chinatown Fair Arcade right? I looked it up and found it.
(02-17-2009, 07:24 AM)Subomi~Chan Wrote: [ -> ]I go to NY all the time, maybe ill stop by there sometime(if its possible fro me to even get to chinatown) plus i havent been to chinatown in like 9 years...I used to go there a lot, got some crazy stores down there too..

EDIT: It's called Chinatown Fair Arcade right? I looked it up and found it.

...not quite sure. There's the Chinatown Arcade (an alley full of shops) and then the Chinatown Arcade (what I brag about in this topic)

Actually I'm terrible with directions - my girlfriend and I were originally on Elizabeth Street looking for flashcarts at J&L Game Trading (which they don't sell, don't waste your time) I got paranoid and a bit too anxious so I ducked into this souvenir store, and then asked the guy for directions - I was looking for "a game store that isn't J&L" - in the conversation he mentioned an arcade and I was like YES WHERE AND DOES IT

"yes it has Street Fighter 4"

my mind was blown.

Anyway as we left that store we went down that street, took a right and then took a left (that left I believe was onto Mott) At the end of the street there's a Citibank. before the Citibank is the arcade, and strangely enough it was closed when we first went there - then I went back to ask the guy to elaborate on his directions a bit - we backtracked again and the arcade somehow opened, lol

but tyvon if you could be a cool man and if you're buying SF4 this week, for god's sake

tell me how crimson viper plays

EDIT: no tyvon my girlfriend isnt scene and no i will not post pix
not until her shirt comes off

no i'm kidding i'll go post in the photographic evidence topic, mainly because i have a picture which every time i look at it i can't stop loling

at myself ):
Crimson Viper is weird. She only has three moves and one of them takes wayyy too long to do.

But it might just be because I fuckin suck at SFIV

i played it today and did fucking horrible

seriously, i was playing against my friend who i WHOOP in games like mvc2 and cvs2 and whatnot

and he was kicking my ass left and right

street fighter IV is wayy too much like street fighter II imo, it's nowhere near as technical as street fighter III and a lot of specials are lacking. ken's missing like one or two moves and chun-li has become a primarily charge character. in fact, half of the characters in SFIV are charge characters!!!! what the fuck

the EX system is cool but it can get in the way at times, you'll try to do an ultra combo and end up doing an EX special instead which is really fuckin annoying and will cripple you and make you lose. the closest thing to a parry is the focus attack. the focus attack rules p. hard and can actually set up some combos, but IV isn't very combo-friendly compared to III and just feels far too different for me to be good at it

it's like

if i wanted to be good at SFIV i'd have to DOWNGRADE myself

i'm too used to dodgerolling and high jumping and shit

DON'T GET ME WRONG SFIV owns really hard and the new additions have some p. rad movesets, like Abel, his moves are amazing and he's currently my favorite character in the game, him and Sakura

i just can't get good at it though

which is bad since i had to enter a tournament in order to pre-order it ffffff
Pages: 1 2