The VG Resource

Full Version: Should I get Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity for PS2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend recently gave me his PS2 that he didn't want anymore and I was wondering... is Sonic Unleashed or Sonic Riders Zero Gravity worth getting for PS2? By the looks of it, Sonic Unleashed is worse for PS2/Wii than the PS3/360 version. But for some reason game websites give the PS2/Wii version a higher rating than the PS3/360 version. (which confuses me because a lot of people say PS3 version is better)

Also, is Sonic Riders Zero Gravity better than the first, just as good, or worse? I enjoy playing the first Sonic Riders every now and then.

You opinions would be greatly appreciated! Smile

So, are those games worth getting?
Both are rentals at best,
They gave the wii version a higher score because:

-there's no trial and error
-you can see where you're going
-less qte
-collecting medals is optional

Everyone else likes the 360 version better though because of the graphics and the fact that a whole level wasn't cut out (empire city). Also, it may be because the wii daytime levels are more like a racing game.

I enjoyed the wii version that I was stuck with though. Mostly because having low expectations = no disappointment. Wink
The day stages are a lot longer and a lot more complex for the 360. 360 also has actual hubs too. But the Wii has less stop and go, you can easily race through the game which most Sonic fans like anyway. I really can't tell you which version is better, they both have their ups and downs. Certainly nothing like the original Sonic Adventure titles either.
I haven't played either titles so I can't really give you my opinion despite playing a lot of Sonic games (not many of the present though, just Rush and Rush Adventure).

For Unleashed, one of the reasons why the Wii/PS2 version was scored higher is because of different targets, different audiences while PS3/360 do have platformers, they aren't good in some peoples eyes (Plus the 06 fiasco). That version (PS2) is okay though but it seemed rushly made and two levels are missing (most of Mazuri and Empire City). Oh and the PS2/Wii has more Werehog levels to Sonic levels (1 Sonic, 4 Werehog IIRC) compared to the more even PS3/360 so if you like the Werehog you pretty much love that one.

As for Zero Gravity, why can't they just make Sonic run.. As for the game, some say it is better than the first, some say it is worser than the first, some say that they are both rubbish, however doubt that would apply since you liked the 1st one.