The VG Resource

Full Version: Mega Man 1: The rock monster boss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got the boss as well as his health bar and bullets
[Image: trmey7.gif]
[Image: rmifr4.png]
What do you think?
Yellow Devil*
(02-07-2009, 03:33 PM)Rakia Wrote: [ -> ]Yellow Devil*

I know, rock monster is his alternate name.
(02-07-2009, 03:39 PM)kchrules Wrote: [ -> ]

Never heard of this alternate name, but great rip
(02-07-2009, 04:14 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2009, 03:39 PM)kchrules Wrote: [ -> ]

Never heard of this alternate name, but great rip
Thanks, btw The rock monster was it's name back in 1987 due to religious issues.
Ah, now I got it
God bless Nintendo of America censors. The same ones who put some clothes on Castlevania's statues and removed hospital crosses.
(02-07-2009, 04:24 PM)Ultimecia Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, now I got it
God bless Nintendo of America censors. The same ones who put some clothes on Castlevania's statues and removed hospital crosses.
Too bad they forgot remove the cross on the back of Earthbound's box:
[Image: ebBox2.jpg]
its the bottom left picture
Hospitals use crosses as well you know. Its a symbol to help show its a hospital.
that's not what he's saying

what he means is, go to that exact spot in the US version of the game
you won't see the cross
Why?
It's a RED CROSS. A trademarked symbol in America by the Red Cross foundation. when they translated the game, they removed all of the red crosses because of legal issues.

Besides, most hospitals have white crosses on red backgrounds, not the other way around.
(02-07-2009, 06:25 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]that's not what he's saying

what he means is, go to that exact spot in the US version of the game
you won't see the cross
Why?
It's a RED CROSS. A trademarked symbol in America by the Red Cross foundation. when they translated the game, they removed all of the red crosses because of legal issues.

Besides, most hospitals have white crosses on red backgrounds, not the other way around.

In Japan and Europe you see green crosses against white background to hospitals, and at least here in Brazil you see red crosses against white backgrounds.
It wasn't about legal issues, but Christian reference, like the Muslim crescent moon. But that's another story.
Made the Icon.
[Image: rmifr4.png]
Nice work, saved Big Grin
Hey wait!!!! (I know, I know, im stupid for not discovering this until now) they remade this boss for Megaman X 5!!!! but its black.
(02-10-2009, 05:30 PM)MrLuigiman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey wait!!!! (I know, I know, im stupid for not discovering this until now) they remade this boss for Megaman X 5!!!! but its black.

Yep hes a hard boss tooSurprise
Btw thanks Dazz
(02-10-2009, 06:27 PM)kchrules Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2009, 05:30 PM)MrLuigiman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey wait!!!! (I know, I know, im stupid for not discovering this until now) they remade this boss for Megaman X 5!!!! but its black.

Yep hes a hard boss tooSurprise
Btw thanks Dazz
Sorry for the bump, but did you ever notice that the first boss level in X5 is actually Quickman's level from MM2, the second boss level's boss is Rangda Bangda from X1? Also, when you fight X/Zero on the third boss level, they use various abilities from X4. Took me a while to discover all that Tongue.

Good rip, too.