The VG Resource

Full Version: Does anyone know what game engine Palworld runs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wanna try to see if I can rip some of the models easily, before Nintendo takes the game down.

Edit: It uses Unreal Engine 5, but idk if there are tools that support it
Unreal in general is handled by UModel/Unreal Viewer, but there's limited support for UE5 on it right now. The forum for UModel is here, and their Unreal Engine 5 topics here. For right now I'd suggest grabbing the game data if you can, and poking at it/providing samples for the UModel devs as time allows.
Looks like someone managed to rip 50+ models from the game so far.
I wonder how they did it so quickly
https://www.models-resource.com/pc_compu.../addmodel/
palworld's on steam now
There's an alternative Unreal ripping tool called Fmodel that can rip from Unreal 5. https://fmodel.app/ That's probably how they managed to rip from it.
Yeah, Palworld is using UnrealEngine 5.1. I tried to use Fmodels and it perfectly worked. I've made my own game mappings (and set them in the settings tab) + set the FModel UE version to 5_1 and that's it.
After extracting models, animations and textures, I also used this blender plugin (newer versions aren't working for anims, I don't know why and didn't looked at this problem atm) to import thoses files into blender.

There is an exemple of what I get by doing this :
(EDIT : I've converted models and anims into SMD format here because I was using this kind of files on my end but they were converted from psk/psa models directly from the game)

[Image: c083b122593af4c0f51e4abf0ddf327b.gif]
(01-24-2024, 03:54 AM)DaeM0nS Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, Palworld is using UnrealEngine 5.1. I tried to use Fmodels and it perfectly worked. I've made my own game mappings (and set them in the settings tab) + set the FModel UE version to 5_1 and that's it.
After extracting models, animations and textures, I also used this blender plugin (newer versions aren't working for anims, I don't know why and didn't looked at this problem atm) to import thoses files into blender.

(EDIT : I've converted models and anims into SMD format here because I was using this kind of files on my end but they were converted from psk/psa models directly from the game)

And it looks like someone has already ripped some after the game launched.

Was expecting Unreal Engine 5 games to be hard to rip from.
(01-24-2024, 10:14 AM)BlastoiseTheVGRipper Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2024, 03:54 AM)DaeM0nS Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, Palworld is using UnrealEngine 5.1. I tried to use Fmodels and it perfectly worked. I've made my own game mappings (and set them in the settings tab) + set the FModel UE version to 5_1 and that's it.

Basically, It was really easy to do. The only thing that tooks me more time was the way to load the game with mappings in FModels (I never used it before) and also something to use psk / psa files in another editor like Blender. Which I finally found the good old blender plugin that was working correctly.

And it seems to works correctly on every models.
(Another one I ported this morning and imported into blender : [Image: 8178707c6e77c7ab7a2619a835308d6f.gif])
I'm tryng using the fmodel for the first time, an error is appearing: "mapping file is missing, can't serialize"... I cant export any psk/psa models, can anyone help me please?
(01-25-2024, 01:12 PM)agnos Wrote: [ -> ]I'm tryng using the fmodel for the first time, an error is appearing: "mapping file is missing, can't serialize"... I cant export any psk/psa models, can anyone help me please?

About this, you need to find on internet (github is your friend) or extract your own mappings from the game itself using some stuff to put in the palworld folder (some dll and stuff). 
You will need to set the mappings file in the FModel settings and enable them by checking a checkbox.
[attachment=15705]
Is there a reason why Elphidran becomes scrunched up when an animation is applied to it?

[attachment=15706] [attachment=15707]

This doesn't happen with other models I ripped like with here:
[attachment=15708]
(01-25-2024, 05:33 PM)arctic dino Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a reason why Elphidran becomes scrunched up when an animation is applied to it?

This doesn't happen with other models I ripped like with here:

It could potentially happend when the animation scale doesn't fit the model scale. It's maybe due to something like that and can be fixed by importing the model with a transform to reduce the scale or upscale the animation one. Need to be tested btw.
(01-25-2024, 03:33 PM)DaeM0nS Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2024, 01:12 PM)agnos Wrote: [ -> ]I'm tryng using the fmodel for the first time, an error is appearing: "mapping file is missing, can't serialize"... I cant export any psk/psa models, can anyone help me please?

About this, you need to find on internet (github is your friend) or extract your own mappings from the game itself using some stuff to put in the palworld folder (some dll and stuff). 
You will need to set the mappings file in the FModel settings and enable them by checking a checkbox.

I cant do... first time opening visualstudio... dont you have any tutorial video please?
(01-25-2024, 08:04 PM)agnos Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2024, 03:33 PM)DaeM0nS Wrote: [ -> ]

I cant do... first time opening visualstudio... dont you have any tutorial video please?

You don’t have to. You can directly use a mappings ripping tool like this one to get a file called Mappings.umaps and then, put it into FModel settings.
(01-24-2024, 10:14 AM)BlastoiseTheVGRipper Wrote: [ -> ]

how can I fix the eye texture please?
Pages: 1 2