The VG Resource

Full Version: Looking for a certain type of character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is the right place, so sorry if it's not.

Anyway, let me start first by intoducing myself. I've been a patron of tSR since way back in the Nintensprites days (a good 5-6 years ago) and I used to be close friends with one of the original top spriters, GigaGuy. I was never very active on PT or the like, but I'm registering on these new forums, simply because i have a small question.

Are there any games that have full portraits of government-looking guys in black suits? Something I can use for a battle sprite in an RPG?
Um... Phoenix Wright? Haha.

Welcome. How IS Giga Guy, anyway?
The only one I can think of is Pheonix Wright and Apollo Justice.
I know who Gigaguy is, he was on the board when I first joined pt, but was never really active since that time.

Well, aside from Phoenix Wright, there's that Yu-Gi-Oh! gba game where you played some douche in a yellow cap going around battling people.

There're also the men-in-black enemies in the Near Future Chapter of Live-A-Live.
that one game i forget what it was called
elite beat agents or some shit
Thanks, guys. I'll look into those right away.

(02-05-2009, 02:37 AM)tonberry2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome. How IS Giga Guy, anyway?

Dunno. A few years ago he pretty much changed his online identity and stopped talking to everyone he knew. Guess he just wanted to start over or something...

EDIT: Hm.. i couldn't find anything in those games. I checked tSR, and they didn't really have any full body portraits on PW, there was no Apollo Justice, I couldn't figure out which Yu-Gi-Oh guy Smithy was talking about, they didn't have sprites like that for Live a Live, and there were no full bodies on EBA. I'm still looking around though...
I'm pretty sure there were some guys in suits as enemies in Live-A-Live.

I forgot the name of that Yu-Gi-Oh gba game, but I forgot you wanted full body sprites. The legs would be cut off in the portraits I'm talking about.

Also, try www.court-records.net for PW sprites. Though, their legs aren't shown either.
the legs aren't 100% necessary, i suppose, but i just couldnt find the right type of character amongst those. I'm talking like a MIB type agent.

just fyi, i'm making a game with RPG Maker XP. The battles look similar to Dragon Warrior or Earthbound, so that's what I need a frontal portrait for.

EDIT: Actually, if anyone has a list of any RPGs that take place in modern times, i could scour them for resources...
just bumping/updating; I'm also looking for such a sprite/image of a normal looking scientist.
Look in the mirror!
ZING
... I still see this as a request topic.